Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
What exactly in the ACC is there to stop Clemson from being #1 and making the playoffs? Nothing. But..... Bama will smoke them like last year and we get the same end result as 2017

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Before we make the playoff I think we will have to play UGA again and beat them, this time in the SECCG. If both teams are undefeated before that game then it's possible the loser could still make the playoff but I'd hate to lose and go through the anxiety of Selection Sunday again.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Before we make the playoff I think we will have to play UGA again and beat them, this time in the SECCG. If both teams are undefeated before that game then it's possible the loser could still make the playoff but I'd hate to lose and go through the anxiety of Selection Sunday again.
It appears Kirby is the next great SEC HC if recruiting is an indicator. Georgia is #1 so far in 2019 and racking up the five stars.

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
I got no complaints about what Kirby is doing in Athens, but I would still take Dabo any day of the week over him. What Dabo has done at Clemson is remarkable.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
It appears Kirby is the next great SEC HC if recruiting is an indicator. Georgia is #1 so far in 2019 and racking up the five stars.
I have a suspicion Kirby may be taking liberties that may come back to haunt him. Lets see what his team does this year. They lost a ton of seniors and talent last year. I think Florida will be back to challenging them sooner rather than later too. Dan Mullen is the real deal.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I have a suspicion Kirby may be taking liberties that may come back to haunt him. Lets see what his team does this year. They lost a ton of seniors and talent last year. I think Florida will be back to challenging them sooner rather than later too. Dan Mullen is the real deal.
And Pruitt is no slouch on the recruiting trails, either.

I've not heard anything but rumors, but what Kirby is 'accomplishing' over there looks awfully suspicious...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
We'll see how Kirby does without Alabama's recruiting board, continuing to tell recruits Saban is on the verge of retiring, and using various lies to recruits.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Now you have to "coach 'em up" --

I'm hoping he's more like Pete Carroll -- just scooping u 5* kids - w/o determining how they fit into the process.

You can have 5* talent everywhere, but if they aren't coachable, and there is no chemistry -- it's going to be tough to win it all...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Now you have to "coach 'em up" --

I'm hoping he's more like Pete Carroll -- just scooping u 5* kids - w/o determining how they fit into the process.

You can have 5* talent everywhere, but if they aren't coachable, and there is no chemistry -- it's going to be tough to win it all...
It's been discussed in other threads, but this will be the true test if Kirby is to become great. Even if he's getting them legally (cough, cough) he's still got to coach 'em up and integrate them into the machine and manage their expectations for PT. Then, you've got to eventually win the big one, which likely means beating Bama.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
uga has a massive target on their back and, at least historically, the don't always live up to their pre-season hype.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I personally think the writer of this piece is a little off on a couple of things:

1. He believes there will be a situational qb rotation. Sorry, I don't buy it. Not that JH might not play, or even start some games early next season, but I think as the season goes on (and IMO from the very beginning) Tua will get the majority of the meaningful reps. Because...

2. Struggles on 3rd down. If he understood why we struggled he'd understand why Tua will eventually take over the position. There's one reason we struggled with 3rd downs the last two years. Love the kid and respect him, but it's because of Jalen. In obvious passing downs, he's just not that good, especially against the best defenses. Tua's going to put this to rest and we may see our best offense in years!

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Georgia probably is the eastern SEC champ...it’s almost by default...Florida and Tennessee have new coaches. On our side we have several new coaches we will face. Georgia lost a lot of good talent so I see us still being better this year....2019 may be a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Georgia probably is the eastern SEC champ...it’s almost by default...Florida and Tennessee have new coaches. On our side we have several new coaches we will face. Georgia lost a lot of good talent so I see us still being better this year....2019 may be a different story.

If Georgia thinks that...it will be a problem. The SECE is not just going to lay down and let Georgia take it. The bulls eye is a hard jersey to wear.

Dealing with success is just part of the coaching curve Kirby has yet to deal with. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
If Georgia thinks that...it will be a problem. The SECE is not just going to lay down and let Georgia take it. The bulls eye is a hard jersey to wear.

Dealing with success is just part of the coaching curve Kirby has yet to deal with. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
Agreed. Just wish some of Georgia’s opponents in the east were better. South Carolina may have the best shot. I can see Georgia dropping a game. However, their schedule is a bit easier than last year. I don’t like Georgia...too many fans who have been vaccinated with a Victrola needle!

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

All true, but the lack of raw talent, more so than at any time in the modern history of college football, will not be an excuse if UGA doesn`t win BIG ( I`m talking beyond SEC championship level ) over the next 2-4 years, IMHO.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
And Pruitt is no slouch on the recruiting trails, either.

I've not heard anything but rumors, but what Kirby is 'accomplishing' over there looks awfully suspicious...
I will wait and read tidefans patiently for the leakage of the rumors about ol Kirby. This makes off season much more fun.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

South Carolina is my dark horse East winner next season. Muschamp actually has an offense with a defense and they should get back their “Prothro” type WR that they lost about game 3 last season. It’s a long shot but I think they are first in odds behind Georgia.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I personally think the writer of this piece is a little off on a couple of things:

1. He believes there will be a situational qb rotation. Sorry, I don't buy it. Not that JH might not play, or even start some games early next season, but I think as the season goes on (and IMO from the very beginning) Tua will get the majority of the meaningful reps. Because...

2. Struggles on 3rd down. If he understood why we struggled he'd understand why Tua will eventually take over the position. There's one reason we struggled with 3rd downs the last two years. Love the kid and respect him, but it's because of Jalen. In obvious passing downs, he's just not that good, especially against the best defenses. Tua's going to put this to rest and we may see our best offense in years!
I think our Offense is going to look like a Pinball Machine -- that trio of receivers back with more depth at TE We've ever had plus the stable of backs -- I really do think we may be seeing an offense that will allow us to give up 15-20 ppg and not even really feel it much

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
I'm just glad we/re nr 2. Our guys just aren't used to all the pressure that comes w/being Nr 1. Also, gives our guys something to shoot for and provides some motivation.

Thought I'd get that out of the way. ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.