Freshman All-American transfers from W Va. (not to Bama)

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
McDougle’s departure leaves the Mountaineer defensive line extremely thin, with just four defensive linemen on scholarship. West Virginia also lost Adam Shuler III and Jalen Harvey earlier this year to transfers. Sophomore Darius Stills is the only nose tackle remaining on the Spring roster. The coaching staff will now be forced to look at the graduate transfer market to help shore up the depth at the position.

https://www.smokingmusket.com/2018/...-football-team-transfer-freshman-all-American

I wonder what the deal is? Either some folk are unhappy with the position coach or don't like the Big 12 style of defense? Some had W Va ranked high with their ex Florida QB returning but this may put a dent in that. Their status in the Big 12 has not reached what the fans thought it would and Holgersen's seat is already warm. West Virginia will be interesting to follow especially since they open with Tennessee.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Re: Freshman All-American transfers from W Va.

Well that would be a pity if accurate and he wanted to come to Bama. While you could be correct, there`s probably no one better at " finding room " than CNS.
There is probably room since I think we'd expected to pick up 1-2 more on signing day that we didn't. The bigger question is would he be a fit for our scheme? I know he had a great year at WV and they do run somewhat of a 3 man front, but it's doubtful a 295 pounder would be an adequate NT in our scheme, so he'd either need to bulk up some or slide out as a DE. he'd have to sit out a year unless he gets a special release from WV.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013

I was hoping he had transferred here, given the thread title . . .

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama

There is probably room since I think we'd expected to pick up 1-2 more on signing day that we didn't. The bigger question is would he be a fit for our scheme? I know he had a great year at WV and they do run somewhat of a 3 man front, but it's doubtful a 295 pounder would be an adequate NT in our scheme, so he'd either need to bulk up some or slide out as a DE. he'd have to sit out a year unless he gets a special release from WV.
I suspect that IF Coach Saban had wanted him, he'd have been in Tuscaloosa from the start.....

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013

I suspect that IF Coach Saban had wanted him, he'd have been in Tuscaloosa from the start.....
That's a bit pretentious. We've been spurned by plenty of commits during the Saban tenure.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.