Mal Moore Passed Away Five Years Ago Today

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Although many think only of Mal Moore as the catalyst for bringing Nick Saban to Alabama (which he was), Mal was also an amazing servant to Alabama throughout his life. A life well lived.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
A man of great vision, that raised the money to build the facilities that allowed him to go and recruit Coach Saban. We will forever be in his debt. Always a class act.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Had a high school teammate who played for Alabama in the late 60's and one day he introduced me to Coach Moore. He seemed very pleasant at the time, but what really impressed me was that he actually seemed to care who I was and my relationship with one of his players. I had the feeling then, and in later years, that he was a genuinely good, approachable person who wanted only the best for the University.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Geeze, just when I think Cecil can`t possibly write a better piece..... Coach Moore certainly and deservedly has his place in the pantheon of Alabama greats.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Finebaum aired the memorial service live. I'll never forget hearing Coach Saban get choked up when he talked about losing a friend.
Pretty sure I was late to a class that afternoon because I sat in the parking lot listening to the service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
It is good to see fellow Tidefans express deserved appeciation for Coach Moore. I am pretty sure he he had a good appreciation for us, too. RTR, Coach.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Had an uncle who is also gone now who had some classes with Mal Moore. Many, many years ago he gave me an autographed page from an Alabama publication that had Coach Moore`s and Billy Neighbor`s signatures on it. Wish I could come across it again.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.