Link: Sexton Talks About Looming NBA Decision (UPDATE: He Declares for NBA)

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
Re: Sexton Talks About Looming NBA Decision

I don’t think there’s any chance of his stock falling if he comes back, I think that’s silly. Now what if he doesn’t hire an agent and gets drafted say 12th overall, can he say no and just pull himself out since he wasn’t drafted higher? I think that’d be the case if that’s true.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I don’t think there’s any chance of his stock falling if he comes back, I think that’s silly. Now what if he doesn’t hire an agent and gets drafted say 12th overall, can he say no and just pull himself out since he wasn’t drafted higher? I think that’d be the case if that’s true.
You have to rescind your decision before the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN

A lot of people on the forum thought it was a done deal that Damien Harris wouldn’t be back! Maybe Colin enjoys the college life and his teammates. It’s obvious education is important to him. I don’t know what his family’s financial situation is, but it might not be that they have to have the money now. Colin seems to have a good head on his shoulders to do what’s best for his future whether it be the NBA now or later.

mark4tide

1st Team
Mar 7, 2005
Hoover, AL

I can see the benefits of both staying and leaving. Towards the end of the year he was growing into a leader and another year in school will help develop that more. If he were my son I would tell him to go to the NBA. He is a top 10 pick and it is hard to pass up that kind of money up. We go to college to get a job making a lot of money. He has that opportunity right now to make more money in his rookie contract than most people will make in their lifetime.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

Why have a press conference to announce what everyone expects? Therefore I think he stays.

NVM: He just said he's gone. All this pomp and circumstance for nothing. Asking the team to stand with him just to say "see ya!" I just don't get it.

Last edited:

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

As expected. it was the right decision. He can come back after he has made his millions in the NBA. Good Luck to him and his family.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
Man I was really hoping he’d come back, I bet he makes noise early in the NBA. Should help recruiting though and his going away message sounded sincere. Good luck Collin! It was a pleasure to watch you give it your all every game. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened”

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Thank you for the hard work and dedication, looking forward to your success in the pros! (hoping you land with the Pistons or Spurs) Believing your play this past season with the '17 team will help start another great legacy for Alabama Basketball

Philippines

Scout Team
Feb 9, 2014
Birmingham, AL

As expected. it was the right decision. He can come back after he has made his millions in the NBA. Good Luck to him and his family.
Far too much money to pass up. I have not seen the 2018 rookie salary scale, but I believe that under the current collective bargaining agreement first round picks have guaranteed salaries the first two years with options on years three and four. The 15th pick probably gets close to $4 million guaranteed during years 1 and 2. And Collin is going to go higher than # 15.

Last edited:

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States

Why have a press conference to announce what everyone expects? Therefore I think he stays.

NVM: He just said he's gone. All this pomp and circumstance for nothing. Asking the team to stand with him just to say "see ya!" I just don't get it.
It’s called publicity. This is really good for the university. It brings national attention to our program. I like the fact that we had a press conference for his announcement.

Side note: Anyone else notice that Braxton Key was not present?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

It’s called publicity. This is really good for the university. It brings national attention to our program. I like the fact that we had a press conference for his announcement.

Side note: Anyone else notice that Braxton Key was not present?

Neither was Giddens.

Why are people surprised he had a presser? No one makes a fuss when the football players have a presser.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
I can see his dilemma...who wouldn’t want to stay in school for those lifetime memories. The money can’t be passed up but I think he realizes his heart really wants to stay.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Wait a minute, video ain't working for me - are we sure he didn't announce that Norris behind him was declaring for the draft?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.