Link: Sexton Talks About Looming NBA Decision (UPDATE: He Declares for NBA)

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Sexton made the right decision. I would have loved for him to have come back from one more season but that would have been very, very risky. I'm just glad that there is something positive happening (NBA lottery caliber players) with UA basketball that is worthy of a press conference.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I can see his dilemma...who wouldn’t want to stay in school for those lifetime memories. The money can’t be passed up but I think he realizes his heart really wants to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can't trade those memories in college for anything, but none of us had the opportunity to make 10 million or so in a couple of years either. I do think you are right. If he could look into the future and know for a certainty that he would be drafted as high next year, I think he would have stayed in school. I think he enjoyed the college life. Some people say the money will always be there if you are talented enough, but as fickled as the pros are in every sport, I'd take the money and run too.

RTR

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Re: Sexton Talks About Looming NBA Decision

I wish Sexton well, he would be dumb to turn down a possible lottery contract!!

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Re: Sexton Talks About Looming NBA Decision

Did he hire an agent?

Is there a glimmer of hope he may play another season at Alabama?
I didn't watch the press conference but it is my understanding that he said he would be hiring an agent soon. Even though it was a tough decision for him to make I don't think there was ever any realistic chance that he was coming back.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.