Winnie Madikizela-Mandela: Anti-apartheid campaigner dies at 81

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Winnie Madikizela-Mandela was the former wife of South Africa's first black president, Nelson Mandela.

The couple - famously pictured hand-in-hand as Mr Mandela walked free from prison after 27 years - were a symbol of the anti-apartheid struggle for nearly three decades.

Family spokesman Victor Dlamini said Mrs Mandela "succumbed peacefully in the early hours of Monday afternoon surrounded by her family and loved ones" following a long illness, which had seen her go in and out of hospital since the start of the year.
Retired archbishop and Nobel laureate Desmond Tutu praised her as a "defining symbol of the struggle against apartheid".
"Her courageous defiance was deeply inspirational to me, and to generations of activists," he added.

LINK

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I recall Listening to Bob Grant on his New York WABC radio show in the early 1990s call her a sadistic blankity blank numerous times and I cracked up each time he called her that name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.