Game Thread: NCAA Men's Final - Villanova vs. Michigan: TBS tonight (Mon. April 2) - 9:20pm estn

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I hadn't really heard about Wagner until the tourney but he looks like a very high NBA draft pick to my untrained eyes.
Same here. I also didn't know until tonight that he is listed as 6-11. Shoots 40% in 3-pointers. I have not been too impressed with his inside defense as a 6-11 player

Last edited:

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
'Nova is just too strong. I do feel better knowing no one else has been able to defend the 3 against them any better than we did.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Last night we saw in Nova a team that competes at an elite level in pretty much all areas.

Spacing themselves well, good foot movement, strong defense, strong shooting - especially 3's, can drive through holes to the basket when 3's aren't going in (especially because the opponent is spaced out to protect against the 3), aggressive rebounding, and just overall good fighters.

Add to all that how fit they are - their strength coordinator has really done an excellent job building on some pretty large frames to start with.

How's that for a blueprint for winning?

Congrats to Villanova....a well deserved championship.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Good points, Bazz. I did not watch the entire game but came away with the impression that Nova is the most complete team I have seen in several years, plus I do not like Michigan. I hope Jay Wright does not go to the NBA, but he will and it will be a career killer. 24th highest paid coach in college basketball and he has won 2 of the last 3 NCs, puuuuuuuulease.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
See Bama could have been in this game with a different draw ;)

Got to drive on Donte and get him in foul trouble.
With several low seeded teams getting pretty far, yeah I think it would have been possible.

Problem for our guys is they weren't streaky enough to win that many games in a row without taking a night off.

Kudos to Nova. Never saw a better shooting team from long range as them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.