OK, used car recommendations

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I'm starting to see some more Tesla's in Huntsville. They look great, but can't say anything beyond that.

We bought a lightly used 2016 Chevy Cruze but haven't had any issues with it. It is my daily vehicle as I commute an hour each way to work.

We also have a 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 185,000 on it. It's been good so far, and I plan on driving it until the wheels fall off.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
An electric vehicle with a gear shift lever on the steering column?????
Absolutely - it's an automatic (which you want when off-roading), so why use up the center console area which is far more useful as storage? Only reason they're console mounted in petrol vehicles is that's where the transmission naturally sits...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
In some way it makes me think of an Early Bronco. I guess it's the overall shape even though the Bronco has a little softer lines. That thing looks AWESOME!
Yah, it's like mix of the old Broncos and the old Land Rovers - very utilitarian, which speaks to me. It's why I love my 1972 FJ40 so much - same thing, just older tech:

Attachments

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Absolutely - it's an automatic (which you want when off-roading), so why use up the center console area which is far more useful as storage? Only reason they're console mounted in petrol vehicles is that's where the transmission naturally sits...
I'm surprised it has a mechanically controlled transmission with "Dual Front/Rear, 2 speed HI/LO range gearboxes. 4x Torque multiplication in LO range". Figured it would do that electronically. The Ram truck I drive has a rotating knob for gear selection. I also got a kick out of the ignition switch that looks like it came from a 1970's GM car. Guess they want the old school GMC truck look.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm surprised it has a mechanically controlled transmission with "Dual Front/Rear, 2 speed HI/LO range gearboxes. 4x Torque multiplication in LO range". Figured it would do that electronically. The Ram truck I drive has a rotating knob for gear selection. I also got a kick out of the ignition switch that looks like it came from a 1970's GM car. Guess they want the old school GMC truck look.
Yah, when speaking to the guys at Bollinger it was obvious that they wanted to make this thing beefy, ready to take abuse, and field serviceable. Most of the parts you speak of are things that can be fixed / bypassed on the trails if something breaks, which would potentially be far more complicated if everything is electronically controlled.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.