Baseball Moderator
Staff member
Jun 23, 2000
Tuscaloosa , AL USA
diamondtide.tidefans.com
A four-run fifth by the Gamecocks put the game out of reach

4/3/2018

TUSCALOOSA, AL –
Alabama baseball suffered a 4-0 shutout loss to Jacksonville State on Tuesday evening at Sewell-Thomas Stadium. Following the in-state matchup, the Crimson Tide is 18-12 on the season.

"Jacksonville State absolutely took it to us, and I'm really disappointed with our group," said Alabama head coach Brad Bohannon. "I obviously did a poor job of getting our kids ready to play tonight and this was noticeably our worst effort of the year. I have to figure out a way to get our kids more prepared, especially for midweek games."

Jacksonville State used four arms to combine for the shutout win. Reliever Grant Chandler (1-0) earned the win, while Alabama junior starter Sam Gardner (1-2) suffered the loss. The Crimson Tide trio of juniors Mason Duke and Dylan Duarte along with senior Tyler Adams combined for 4.1 scoreless frames out of the bullpen to close out the night and keep the Tide in striking distance.

After four scoreless innings to start, Jacksonville State put up a four-spot in the fifth. The four runs would be the only scoring on the night. Alabama had its chances to get on the board, placing runners in scoring position in each of the first four innings and in the eighth, but was unable to capitalize on the opportunities.

Junior Cobie Vance collected two of the Tide's three hits as part of his 2-for-3 game with a double and one walk. Fellow junior Keith Holcombe recorded UA's other hit, with Holcombe finishing 1-for-1 with a double and a walk, as well.

Next up for the Crimson Tide is a weekend trip to Columbia to take on the Missouri Tigers. The series will begin on Friday evening with a 6:30 p.m. CT first pitch on SEC Network+.

Get all the latest information on the team by following @AlabamaBSB on Twitter and Instagram and on Facebook at Alabama Baseball. General athletic news can be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.

-UA-

RTR,

Diamond Tide
:biga:

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
When you can only muster three hits in a middie against Jax State there isn't much more to say. I was all ready to rail against Coach Bo this morning for messing with the middie magic when the SEC schedule started, but really, when you get three hits what matter who pitched?

rtr

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
All things considered, 6-3 in mid week games, including a loss to Auburn, isn't so bad. Obviously, as Coach Bo said, that was probably the worst performance of the year coming off a huge series win versus a top 10 team. A let down was probably in store. We can call it even if we can go 2-1 in Columbia this weekend imo! That will be no small task as it seems like we are the only SEC rebuilding other than MSU and their season tanked the first week. I do believe that brighter days are ahead! Look at the records, we are tied with the second to last record at 18-12. Only MSU is worse at 14-15. To me just shows the strength of the conference overall.

On a side note, went and watched the UF/Vandy Saturday game as I live about 2 hours from Gainesville. UF is on another planet in terms of pitching. Vanderbilt had no chance the entire series outscored something like 26-8. SEC baseball is just fun to watch. Might go and watch UF vs FSU in next weeks mid week game in Tallahassee.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
I mostly post in the football forum, but being a Jax State grad I have to admit it felt pretty good! Love the Tide, but JSU has a special place in my heart. Now that the tornado hit recently and severely damaged parts of campus it is a great win for us. The students need something like this. Roll Tide and Fear the Beak!

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I mostly post in the football forum, but being a Jax State grad I have to admit it felt pretty good! Love the Tide, but JSU has a special place in my heart. Now that the tornado hit recently and severely damaged parts of campus it is a great win for us. The students need something like this. Roll Tide and Fear the Beak!
I live here and it is pretty bad. The beautiful alumni house will be torn down. The trees that were behind it, which once served as a study spot for students and even hosted weddings, are all gone.

And I have a hole in my garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
I live here and it is pretty bad. The beautiful alumni house will be torn down. The trees that were behind it, which once served as a study spot for students and even hosted weddings, are all gone.

And I have a hole in my garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know, and it breaks my heart. A good friend of mine lost her home in the storm. I helped her get a few things out of her home a couple of days. I've driven through campus and have seen the destruction. I am sick about Merrill Hall and the Alumni House. I attended a couple of receptions there. I am sorry about your garage. I take it you live over near 1st baptist? The landscape looked so different I needed GPS to find my way around.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.