Riley Norris to Return for 2018-2019 Season

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: Riley Norris Expected to Return (Reportedly Granted Medical Redshirt)

So If Norris returns, That means we're over 1 scholarship somewhere in the roster.
Possible Johnson Jr may end up as a walk on to solve the problem.

2018 signees:
Jared Butler, Diante Wood and Javian Fleming.
Leaving:
Sexton(Maybe), Davis (Transfer)
Transfer possibilities:
Key, Gidden, Ingram? Will we look at Graduate transfer? Transfers who might sit out a year?

What happens if Sexton comes back? ( unlikely, but it's a possibility)

I got a feeling that we'll going to see whole new team this fall... that doesn't include key or Ingram.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Riley Norris Expected to Return (Reportedly Granted Medical Redshirt)

Why would Key or Ingram (especially) transfer? Where is that report coming from? Giddens I could see since he was passed on the depth chart at the end of the year.

ETA- Good for Riley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

If Junior becomes a walk-on, I think he still counts as a scholarship towards the limit.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

If Junior becomes a walk-on, I think he still counts as a scholarship towards the limit.

I don't think so. That is for football only, I believe, and even then that is only the first 2 years. We've had football players give up their scholly and pay their own way to allow for more players to be signed.

With the 3 signees and 1 transfer (Tevin Mack) and only 1 definitely leaving (Davis) we will have to have 2 more open schollys for both Norris and Sexton return. I don't think Sexton will return but if he does then another player will have to leave or give up their scholarship.

1) AJjr - RSr
2) Norris - RSr (Could return with a medical redshirt)
3) Hall - Sr
4) Key - Jr
5) Giddens - RJr
6) Ingram - RJr
7) Mack - RSo
8) Reese - So
9) Smith - So
10) Petty - So
11) Sexton - So (Not expected to return)
12) Jones - So
13) Wood - Fr
14) Butler - Fr
15) Fleming - Fr

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Why would Key or Ingram (especially) transfer? Where is that report coming from? Giddens I could see since he was passed on the depth chart at the end of the year.

ETA- Good for Riley.

This is college basketball.. We see folks transferring for reasons we don't know. I know that there's some rumblings that we'll see more than 1 transfer within basketball program, the question is who, and where they're going to.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

This is college basketball.. We see folks transferring for reasons we don't know. I know that there's some rumblings that we'll see more than 1 transfer within basketball program, the question is who, and where they're going to.
Agreed. Trevor Lacey was one example of a transfer that very few expected. If I had to guess I would say Giddens and/or Key based on their body language for much of the season. But I could be way off base and both guys could be very happy with their roles on the team.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Riley Norris Expected to Return (Reportedly Granted Medical Redshirt)

I’m aware this is college basketball & the transfer issues [emoji6].

Names at this juncture are just message board gossip with the exception of Giddens who was passed by Galen Smith @ the end of the year. I could see him transferring.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Names at this juncture are just message board gossip with the exception of Giddens who was passed by Galen Smith @ the end of the year. I could see him transferring.
How is this a gossip? This is a message board where we come here to discuss things.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

Giddens is a sophomore now so if he transfers again without his degree, he will be a senior and only have one year to impress scouts. He has the body to be dominant. Giddens just needs to learn to play without fouling. He can be better than Hall if he wants to be. It will just take hard work in the off season. Key should stay. He needs a full year to play and develop his game. he never got into a rhythm this year after his injury.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

How is this a gossip? This is a message board where we come here to discuss things.
Agreed but to say two major contributors may not be part of the team next year with no facts or gossip to substantiate what you said is a little extreme. I could say next year's team is not going to include any of this past year's freshman but......

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Agreed but to say two major contributors may not be part of the team next year with no facts or gossip to substantiate what you said is a little extreme. I could say next year's team is not going to include any of this past year's freshman but......
I guess I'm having trouble understanding why I THOUGHT meaning ( my opinion) regarding Key/ Ingram as a possible candidate that could transfer next year? Nothing I said suggested that it was a fact or anything close to that. I gave my opinion on who I thought could transfer. I know I've seen some folks with tie to the program who keep saying that there could be a transfer situation that will work itself out.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I guess I'm having trouble understanding why I THOUGHT meaning ( my opinion) regarding Key/ Ingram as a possible candidate that could transfer next year? Nothing I said suggested that it was a fact or anything close to that. I gave my opinion on who I thought could transfer. I know I've seen some folks with tie to the program who keep saying that there could be a transfer situation that will work itself out.
You can say that. It just seemed out of leftfield IMO.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Well, at least we'll have more experience next year. Probably not as much talent but we'll see..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Might not mean a thing, but Giddens nor Key were at Sexton's announcement today. Everyone else was.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

Cecil Hurt tweeted that Giddens had an excuse, but didn't mention anything about Key. Key has talent, but he clearly needs a few years to develop his skills. I am sure someone is trying to talk him into transferring or coming out, but he would be best suited to refine his game here and prove he is a NBA level talent. If you look at most kids who leave, sit out, or leave as a graduate transfer, most never get a sniff from the NBA. He'd do well to consider this before making a decision that could affect the rest of his life.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

Hope he stays another season.

We certainly could have used another shooter THIS season . . . Probably same for 2018/19.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.