Johnny Manziel- "I didn't really know the X's & O's of football." - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Re: Johnny Manziel- "I didn't really know the X's & O's of football."

Quote Originally Posted by 2003TIDE View Post
    IDK. I know people who are actually bi-polar, and that helps make sense of things i.e. the impulsive behaviors.
    Agreed, but not all of the behaviors were impulsive. I am pulling for him, but if he is blaming his previous behavior on his diagnosis rather than trying to become a better person, not much will change over the long term.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Intl.Aperture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Agreed, but not all of the behaviors were impulsive. I am pulling for him, but if he is blaming his previous behavior on his diagnosis rather than trying to become a better person, not much will change over the long term.
    That line behind "blaming", "explaining," and "making excuses for" is so stinking thin.

I think that's one of the things I remember most from my childhood that I wanted to carry over into my own parenting (whenever that day arrives). Anytime I was involved with something wayward or unpleasant or whatever - my parents would get on to me and 99% of the time, ANY word to the contrary that I would offer would be met with, "I don't want your excuses, alright?" or "Don't make excuses, just..."

Of course, children DO make flimsy excuses and I was no different, but there were many times where that wasn't the case, and my parents were just offering their own knee-jerk reaction. I had that profound realization (profound for a small child) that there are microbial, but significant difference between an excuse, a reason, and a cause.

I don't know where Johnny lands in all of this, but I'm not quick to say which one of the 3 he is positing.
    And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Manziel ends his Spring League stint on a very positive note. It will be interesting to see what happens from here with the NFL teams, especially after the draft is over.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...iting-nfl-spot
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Here is some tape from The Spring League.

I don't know if I saw enough to warrant a contract offer from an NFL team.
    Some pretty boneheaded plays in there. (e.g. Poor ball security, never knowing when to give up on a play and throw the ball out of bounds to get 2nd and 10, instead of 2nd and 21).
    If I were advising him, I'd recommend he accept the Tigercats offer and play in the CFL for a couple of years and see if he cannot generate enough tape to get a shot at the NFL again.
    Last edited by Tidewater; April 13th, 2018 at 11:26 AM.

"Johnny Manziel- "I didn't really know the X's & O's of football."

Duh - every play he ran looked like sandlot football. This is why he struggled in the NFL. Well, that and his cocaine and ego issues.
    JUST WIN
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Its not the will to win that matters everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters. - Paul W "Bear" Bryant
    "Aight" - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

He alluded to the Browns not doing their homework on him. This says loads about so-called Pro QB scouts. How could a good scout not see the problems Mr Football had? Heck, us amateurs could see, yet the Pro couldn't?
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

I hope he can get control of his issues and be a productive member of society.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk