I assume we still want QB Taulia Tagovailoa in next years class

shaggy

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 21, 2001
Hoover
if he's interested in UA which I understand he is. Asking because we just took QB Paul Tyson (Bear's great grandson).

Taulia also has offers from several west coast teams. Taulia is dual-threat and Tyson pro-style.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I’ve watched Taulia twice vs Hoover and he is easily one of the best 3 athletes on the field in both games.

Idk if it is the confidence in his arm or that Hoover dbs were just better than his receivers but some times he seemed to force balls in those games (especially in the second game). Point is I really don’t see him ready year 1 like Tua was so if starting right away is a deal breaker then I think we could pass on him. But I could be wrong because there are a few that say he is probably more accurate than Tua right now. But I’m not a recruiter so I’m going off a bleacher coach knowledge.

But I would like him to come to Alabama if possible but I don’t believe we should bend the knee to try to get him because I think we are pretty stable at qbs for the next few years. IMO

Last edited:

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
if he's interested in UA which I understand he is. Asking because we just took QB Paul Tyson (Bear's great grandson).

Taulia also has offers from several west coast teams. Taulia is dual-threat and Tyson pro-style.
I expect that given we have only three QBs on scholarship and may lose at least one of those to transfer, that the coaching staff wants badly to sign two QBs for 2019. Just my opinion and probably barely worth what you paid for it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Alabama is taking two QBs this class. Tyson and Taulia have been the targets for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
We definitely need to sign two QBs this year.
We are in a situation with an embarrassment of riches at QB.
BUT... We could lose one of our best Quarterbacks. (I don't like to think about that)
Tua's brother would make an excellent add for our program.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
It's my understanding that both QBs have been told that we are going to be taking two QBs in this class, as well, so it won't come as a surprise to either one.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
Living about a mile from Thompson HS, I went to most of Taulia's games last year including a few away games. He's the real deal. His only fault is his height which he can't control. He's not quite 6', so he's much different in that capacity from the 6'5" Tyson. But skill wise, as far as locating his 2nd, 3rd, or 4th option downfield he's the best i've ever seen in person in a HS game in my 52 years. As gaudy as his stats might be from last year, keep in mind that he rarely played in a 4th quarter, and not much in 3rd. Against Huffman he sat down before the half, after 5 TD passes. I've said this before, but whoever taught Tua and Taulia how to play QB over in Honolulu needs to be on Saban's staff. It couldn't hurt. But then again Saban may have already tried unsuccessfully - the guy lives in Honolulu.........

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Living about a mile from Thompson HS, I went to most of Taulia's games last year including a few away games. He's the real deal. His only fault is his height which he can't control. He's not quite 6', so he's much different in that capacity from the 6'5" Tyson. But skill wise, as far as locating his 2nd, 3rd, or 4th option downfield he's the best i've ever seen in person in a HS game in my 52 years. As gaudy as his stats might be from last year, keep in mind that he rarely played in a 4th quarter, and not much in 3rd. Against Huffman he sat down before the half, after 5 TD passes. I've said this before, but whoever taught Tua and Taulia how to play QB over in Honolulu needs to be on Saban's staff. It couldn't hurt. But then again Saban may have already tried unsuccessfully - the guy lives in Honolulu.........
One explanation is some of it is just innate. Like the Manning brothers/family.

Pretty sure part of it is coaching/learning too.

I hope we get both of them. They both can redshirt. And then they can fight it out in 2 or 3 years.

FWIW, I think they both understand there's probably very little chance they'd play before they are at least redshirt Sophs.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
One explanation is some of it is just innate. Like the Manning brothers/family.

Pretty sure part of it is coaching/learning too.

I hope we get both of them. They both can redshirt. And then they can fight it out in 2 or 3 years.

FWIW, I think they both understand there's probably very little chance they'd play before they are at least redshirt Sophs.
One of them will likely play in mop up duty next year behind Tua/Jalen. Good chance we'll see two QB transferring in December/Spring... Likely Jalen and Mac Jones.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.