Ole Miss spring game (Grove Bowl) brings small crowd...

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
What a pathetic excuse for a fan base (but is on par with the program). I know things aren’t looking very bright for them, but that is ridiculous (although not very surprising).

Just another reference to reflect upon when obnoxious bandwagon OM fans fluff up their chests and act like their program is relevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovthablues

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 18, 2018
Alexandria, Al
It's sad but Ole Miss has brought this on themselves... they are lucky the sanctions weren't even more severe ... ... Remember just a couple of years ago the arrogance coming from their fans! They had just beaten Bama and they were heading for multi national championships! Then the bottom fell out!!!

Philippines

Scout Team
Feb 9, 2014
Birmingham, AL
Auburn laughably announced a crowd of 28,033 for their spring game. Based on the photos I have seen most were hiding under their seats.

Last edited:

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
What a pathetic excuse for a fan base (but is on par with the program). I know things aren’t looking very bright for them, but that is ridiculous (although not very surprising).

Just another reference to reflect upon when obnoxious bandwagon OM fans fluff up their chests and act like their program is relevant.

I don't know man. There is supporting your team through bad seasons but I believe it's a fan's right to condemn a university's actions with a lack of support. To each his own, but if I was an Ole Miss fan I'd be letting them know through my attendance and participation that the type of crap they pulled didn't sit right with me as a fan. I get both arguments for attending or boycotting.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I don't know man. There is supporting your team through bad seasons but I believe it's a fan's right to condemn a university's actions with a lack of support. To each his own, but if I was an Ole Miss fan I'd be letting them know through my attendance and participation that the type of crap they pulled didn't sit right with me as a fan. I get both arguments for attending or boycotting.

Their fans aren't condemning them at all. They still believe everyone is just out to get them and they are squeaky clean, so that is not the reason for them not showing up.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL

I totally understand that, but I think that message could be sent by OM fans/alum to the university by keeping their wallets in their pockets, and still show support of the kids by attending a free game.

I know more OM alum and fans than I like to admit, and even work for a family owned business that are all big OM fans. The constant I see with all of them, is that they are church mouse quiet when the team is normal, (being subpar) and stark raving obnoxious when they went on the run during Eli years and the Freeze years. They defended the actions of OM and Freeze to the end, and only spoke bad of him when he resigned and they thought the NCAA was fixing to drop the hammer on the program. They were more concerned over being caught, than what was done. That’s why I believe it’s more about “well, we’re gonna suck this year, so why bother going” rather than “We won’t tolerate these shady dealings from our beloved university so we are going to boycott”.

Maybe they were supporting the team in spirit(s) partying in the grove!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Their fans aren't condemning them at all. They still believe everyone is just out to get them and they are squeaky clean, so that is not the reason for them not showing up.
Based on what I have read, I totally agree. But spring games have very different meaning to different programs. I am not going to get on the fans for a poor turnout here unless they typically turn out tens of thousands for this game.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Based on what I have read, I totally agree. But spring games have very different meaning to different programs. I am not going to get on the fans for a poor turnout here unless they typically turn out tens of thousands for this game.
Whereas I will readily get onto any program's fans who don't typically turn out tens of thousands for their Spring game! :biggrin2:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I am not going to get on the fans for a poor turnout here unless they typically turn out tens of thousands for this game.
I will - here's their Grove bowl attendance over the last 5 years:
2014: 10,000
2015: 15,000
2016: No spring game, VH under consturtion
2017: 8,000
2018: 1,000

Talk about fair-weathered fans...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Yep. I've noticed all the Ole Miss "fans" on FB no longer post football "stuff" year around like they have for the last several years. The Ole Miss profile pics have been removed, no more family pics in Ole Miss garb. No more Ole Miss themed Christmas Cards. They dun took Jesus out of the program. And they wonder why they doing so bad.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Thanks - so, one in ten showed up for the game. Certainly weak, even for a program that clearly doesn't care about the spring game. Up here many schools don't even have spring games - probably because they just don't have enough fan turnout to warrant a wasted practice.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Thanks - so, one in ten showed up for the game. Certainly weak, even for a program that clearly doesn't care about the spring game. Up here many schools don't even have spring games - probably because they just don't have enough fan turnout to warrant a wasted practice.
For the record, they had some 30k show up in 2009. They've historically done pretty well, attendance-wise for a spring game. The way things have gone over the last few years certainly indicates a fan base that's either losing interest or is truly fair-weathered...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.