What ex-college football coach is next to join Alliance of American Football League? - Page 2
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Re: What ex-college football coach is next to join Alliance of American Football Leag

Not to be Mr. Negativity, but this will fail like all the others before it.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation All-SEC

Re: What ex-college football coach is next to join Alliance of American Football Leag

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    Of course. I do not see it as anything other than an outlet for the not yet ready for primetime (or already past their prime) to hold out hope for one more shot at glory and pick up a little money for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    I think the NFL PTB will go after this enterprise even though their schedules will not interfere with each other.

Fighting for revenue that is available for the whole franchise.

But you have to admit - the time is ripe right now for another league, given how incompetent the NFL has been operating over the past few years.

The key will be getting some marquee names and looks like they have a decent start in that so far.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

No offense, Bazz, but count me out.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Heck, I'll watch any football I can find in the spring.

I'm rooting for both of these alternatives to be successful. History shows us it's an uphill climb, but people LOVE football more than any other sport, so if the right product is there, it can happen...
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

deleted
    Last edited by GrayTide; April 10th, 2018 at 07:11 PM.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation All-American

Hugh Freeze? . .

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Elefantman View Post
    It would be nice to have a viable spring league where players who just miss out on an NFL roster or trying to return to the NFL can continue to play and possibly make an NFL team latter. It could give such players like Trent Richardson another avenue besides the CFL.
    I actually like the CFL and wish we had better access to it. I don't like the thing where everyone is in motion, but the rest of it I can live with. I would rather see Trent fight his way back through the CFL than sign up with a league where he might not even get paid.

Rtr

Spurrier's name doesn't lend the league any credibility. Add Neuheisel and it becomes a league for quitters and/or has-beens. Is there an over/under on how many losses the head ball coach will absorb before he 'retires' again? I'd pick 3.
    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I think the XFL stands a better chance of having a decent run.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    No offense, Bazz, but count me out.
    Hey, no offense take, Gray. I don't have a dog in the hunt other than I pretty much quit watching the NFL because of the prima donna syndrome so am interested to see how this plays out as a sports option in the Spring.

And the rule changes will make watching more interesting.

Plus having our former head coach back on the sideline again will be very cool.

I'm also very interested in seeing how many other coaches and players sign up.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

I love football and will give it a chance, but if it wants to create fans quickly the key is having talented players - and at least a few on each team have to be recognizable. Great coaches mean that the play will probably be respectable, but I don't watch the Patriots to see Belichick on the sidelines.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

I donít think there is room in the publicís attention span for two leagues like this. The XFL will probably do better due to its name and deeper pockets. But I doubt either last very long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk