What ex-college football coach is next to join Alliance of American Football League? - Page 23
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13161718192021222324 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American CrimsonNagus's Avatar

Re: What ex-college football coach is next to join Alliance of American Football Leag

Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    The Braves parking situation is positively ridiculous unless you know that you can pay for very expensive premium parking. If you just buy tickets on line and don't know the ropes you can't even find a place to park, and if there are shuttles I never saw one. Your best bet by far is to use an Uber.

Rtr
    Completely disagree. Parking prices for Braves games ranges from around $15 (cheapest lot, farthest away) to $20 for the Red Deck which is right next to the battery outside the stadium. Those arenít premium prices. You can buy single game parking passes online for those prices. In fact, parking passes for this season go on sale Friday and Iíll be grabbing my Red Deck pass for opening day.

I parked in this same deck last year and, after the game, I was on I-285 heading home in about 15 minutes. Thatís a whole lot quicker then I ever got out of Turner Field.

Iím not sure about shuttles but, I do know they have pedestrian bridges going over all the roads so walking from other lots is much easier then it was at Turner Field. They also have more parking spots compared to Turner Field. IMO, parking is improved at SunTrust vs the Ted. Not saying it is perfect but, itís better.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Re: What ex-college football coach is next to join Alliance of American Football Leag

For all of yall saying that the AAF needs that big splash player....

https://aaf.com/news/memphis-gets-manziel-alliance

Johnny Manziel is coming to Memphis
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    For all of yall saying that the AAF needs that big splash player....

https://aaf.com/news/memphis-gets-manziel-alliance

Johnny Manziel is coming to Memphis
    Heís more like a drip than a splash. Or maybe a puddle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dvldog View Post
    He’s more like a drip than a splash. Or maybe a puddle.

https://3downnation.com/2018/06/05/j...ratings-boost/

I don't think many "puddles" or "drips" get 300,000 people watching a preseason CFL game, and make television networks start to pick up games out of the blue.

Hannibal

Goodness knows they need someone who can throw the ball...
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Goodness knows they need someone who can throw the ball...
    The fact Garrett Gilbert is the league's best passer should tell you that, but on the flipside you have more dominant running games and defenses. I think its funny that Manziel is going to the worst team in the league, and probably makes them the best with his name on the dotted line.

Hannibal

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Seeing as how he was just banned from the CFL, I wouldnít get too excited about his latest stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    Seeing as how he was just banned from the CFL,

I wouldn't put too much stock into that. There are rumors that the reason the CFL is hesitant to reveal why he was banned is mostly because it was or violating a dumb rule the CFL has... They don't want you to leave the CFL. The CFL tries to keep players under strict contracts where they don't just come and bolt to the NFL. Its a big reason to why you aren't hearing as many success stories from CFL players anymore. The rumor was that Johnny was in the talks with the XFL and AAF about possibly joining where he could come back to a stateside organization that supported him getting back to the NFL. When the CFL got wind of it they ended his contract, banned him, and kept the reason secret because they don't want to have players turned off by that rule.

Hannibal

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...pa/3287922002/

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Vince McMahon had a better idea of going head to head with the NFL than Ebersol ever did with expecting the NFLPA to be okay with 3rd string players playing in a spring league.

Hannibal

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Sounds like an issue that should have been hammered out before the first game was ever played.

And based on the concerns in this article, I can't see it changing. IOW, this league looks like it's done for.
    If things don't change it's hard to imagine they survive a head to head with the XFL. Openly lobbying for the NFL's help at this point could be strategic though. The message could be hey, NFL you don't want the XFL to succeed and neither do we.
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    If things don't change it's hard to imagine they survive a head to head with the XFL. Openly lobbying for the NFL's help at this point could be strategic though. The message could be hey, NFL you don't want the XFL to succeed and neither do we.
    I don't think the NFL cares about the success or failure of Vince McMahon and the XFL at all. If they did then they would've already secured the AAF for the next 5 years. Vince Mcmahon was more of a threat to the NFL in 2001 than he is now . Had Vince went forward with the league a few years ago then he probably would've been a big threat to them, but now I think most NFL fans have came back to their senses and are putting their jerseys back on and are watching the NFL again.

Hannibal