What ex-college football coach is next to join Alliance of American Football League? - Page 4
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: What ex-college football coach is next to join Alliance of American Football Leag

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    I fully expect the NFL to eventually eliminate kickoffs, which obviously would eliminate onside kicks as well.

So, if a team wanted to take the onside option, and there are no kicks, maybe they will just have to roll an 8-sided dice to determine their success or failure. Thus giving a football game a slight touch of Dungeons & Dragons vibe. I can see the basement dwellers excitement over their future star status now.

BamaNation All-American

Re: What ex-college football coach is next to join Alliance of American Football Leag

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    I fully expect the NFL to eventually eliminate kickoffs, which obviously would eliminate onside kicks as well.
    They really should. Kickoffs are rarely exciting and dangerous. There are a host of ideas that are better than kickoffs and onside kicks IMO.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

They do give you a chance at an onside kick. You get the ball on your own 35 and you have one play to go ten yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    They really should. Kickoffs are rarely exciting and dangerous. There are a host of ideas that are better than kickoffs and onside kicks IMO.
    Yep, they can wear skirts and play flag football.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    Yep, they can wear skirts and play flag football.
    LOL tell me how you really feel?

I'm a little surprised people are so pro kickoff.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

http://abc3340.com/sports/more-sport...pring-alliance

Birmingham gets a team in the new spring league. (Not the XFL2).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    I don't know. Spring football, maybe.
    No kickoffs and no onside kicks? Interesting.
    Neusheisel and Spurrier? Not sure that is the future.
    If the players are not disrespecting the flag on the pregame national anthem, I might give it a try.
    I haven't watched an NFL game in a year and a half.
    I might try this.
    I am with you on the topic of the National Anthem. I would venture a guess that this was topic number 1 discussed at several of the meetings. Like you, I could care less about the NFL. I am tired of the protesting and the division it has caused in the greatest country the world has ever known.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

The others I get but why Phoenix and Atlanta?

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    The others I get but why Phoenix and Atlanta?
    Idk unless itís basically the only cities that wanted it.

BamaNation All-SEC

USFL all over again? We can only hope the play is that good.

Rtr

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Legion Field is going to drive people away right off. But I still think itís possible to be a decent thing if they are a successful team like the Stallions but they can be a financial failure if the team produces like the Bolts

Iím hoping that San Antonio or Omaha are the last team because itís going to be a geographical nightmare of a league if they pick another east of the Mississippi team.

Kinda curious about how they will compete at the same time as the XFL and if there will be NFL team affiliations for these teams like there is in minor league baseball.

BamaNation All-SEC

I believe that if the AAFL is successful in kicking off that there will be no XFL. I think it would be very smart for the NFL to support these guys but they won't. They will pull players and coaches out of the league and all that, but the NFL has never been interested in spending money where they weren't forced to.

I think that of all these things the CFL has always been the smartest, except when they did their excursion into the US with B'ham, San Antonio, Baltimore, etc. The CFL is what it is and either you like it or you don't, but they are true to their game and haven't compromised it. They know they will never compete with the NFL so why try? With the rising success of the NBA and college spring sports I am not sure there is even a market for this football league, but let's give it a go and see what happens.

rtr

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    LOL tell me how you really feel?

I'm a little surprised people are so pro kickoff.
    Uh, maybe because the kickoff has been a major part of football for the better part of a century.