What ex-college football coach is next to join Alliance of American Football League? - Page 8
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: What ex-college football coach is next to join Alliance of American Football Leag

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Does Birmingham have the most players from Alabama? I haven't done a search, yet.

Nor have I for Gators, but suspect most are playing for Orlando.

It will be pretty cool to have the occasional game thread here for some of these games. In the Spring!
    The league is set up that way with territories to spur interest so that is likely the case.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Re: What ex-college football coach is next to join Alliance of American Football Leag

Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    Some of these rules will make it very interesting. You know the NFL will be watching.

A tweet that I saw showed the Las Vegas oddsmakers thinking that the Iron will finish last this year.

rtr
    This article from CBSSports predicts us to finish 6th but as a sleeper. Interesting the Garret Gilbert is a QB in this league and we remember him from the 2009 NC game.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...ican-football/

BamaNation All-American FitToBeTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Does Birmingham have the most players from Alabama? I haven't done a search, yet.

Nor have I for Gators, but suspect most are playing for Orlando.

It will be pretty cool to have the occasional game thread here for some of these games. In the Spring!
    A look at the 'Ham franchise showed 10 on roster.

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in. Aim at Earth and you will get neither." C.S Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    It looks as if the NFL isn't out to kill this league as it did the USFL. Half the games will air on the NFL network. They may be wanting to use it as a farm system.
    They have a farm system. Itís called the SEC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-SEC

I think that in the beginning there will be 'regional' teams like B'ham having something like 16 guys with Alabama ties on the roster, but eventually what I think the NFL would like to see would be JUCO guys who just don't want to play at a four year school, guys like that, in the league, as a talent pool for the NFL.

rtr

BamaNation All-SEC

When Spurrier left South Carolina he had not lost his coaching abilities, it was his recruiting abilities that had left him. It'll at least get me to watch one game.

BamaNation All-American dWarriors88's Avatar

Would love to see Jim Tressel coaching a team in this league.

Isn't he like the President of a University? (Ohio?)
    Quote Originally Posted by dWarriors88 View Post
    Would love to see Jim Tressel coaching a team in this league.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    Isn't he like the President of a University? (Ohio?)
    Yes - Youngstown State (in Ohio). I expect him to retire there.

BamaNation All-SEC

Yeah, Coach Tressel went back home to coach football and they made him the university president. It wound up being a great ending to his story.

I always liked that guy. I sort of equate him to Coach Stallings in that the players changed somewhat while he was coaching, and he was a bit of a victim of circumstances that he couldn't really control. Yeah, may have gone a little far trying to protect his players, but there was a time when all coaches did that and they didn't have to worry about an all-encompassing media digging deeper and reporting the falsehood. Guys like Coach Saban understand a lot better how the media works than did Coach Stallings, and I think that Tressel falls into that same category.

rtr

BamaNation Second Team

Maybe it's the post-super bowl anxiety of not having real football for half a year.... but I'm actually pretty excited to watch this. Especially Blake Sims and Trent.

Need something to keep me from having to watch the NBA.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/2...ion-sting.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TV Schedule
    (all times Eastern)
    Last edited by Bazza; February 9th, 2019 at 11:10 AM.