What ex-college football coach is next to join Alliance of American Football League? - Page 9
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American CrimsonNagus's Avatar

Re: What ex-college football coach is next to join Alliance of American Football Leag

For something that is brand new, the more exposure you can get, the better. So why in the world, on the very first night of this brand new league, did they schedule both games at the same time. They should have been staggered and made it an all day event IMO.

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Re: What ex-college football coach is next to join Alliance of American Football Leag

Watching ATL vs ORL. I have yet to see or hear them mention a college team that any player played for. Iím going to need some collegiate context if theyíre going to keep me interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm watching Bama basketball myself..... (SECN)......

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Thatís on my iPad

BamaNation First Team Jay Hughes's Avatar

I am enjoying the game so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Hughes View Post
    I am enjoying the game so far.
    Which one(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    Watching ATL vs ORL. I have yet to see or hear them mention a college team that any player played for. Iím going to need some collegiate context if theyíre going to keep me interested.

Iíve heard them mention several of the playersí college team. Iím at a loss as to what an illegal defensive formation is though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    Watching ATL vs ORL. I have yet to see or hear them mention a college team that any player played for. I’m going to need some collegiate context if they’re going to keep me interested.
    All of these players played in the NFL, so that's who you'll hear mentioned before any reference to their college.

BamaNation All-American

You arenít watching the ole ball coach?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaPokerplayer View Post
    You aren’t watching the ole ball coach?
    He's on my iPad.....

22-6 Apollos up at the half.

How about that razzle dazzle TD play?

BamaNation All-American

22-6 Apollos up at the half.

How about that razzle dazzle TD play?
    Yeah I got a kick out of that one.

BamaNation All-American CrimsonNagus's Avatar

What ex-college football coach is next to join Alliance of American Football League?

Not all of them played in the NFL. They mentioned one guy who hasnít played football since high school.

Some of the rule changes I really like and some I hate. I like not kicking extra points and having to go for 2.

I hate not having kickoffs. It just eliminates too much from the game IMO. Because of that rule, they also have this odd onside kick rule. Replacing onside kicks is you get a 4th and 12 attempt from your 28 yard line. You can only do it if you trail by at least 17 or there is less than 5 minutes left in the 4th.

If college used those rules we probably donít beat Clemson in our first NCG match up against them. That amazing onside kick would never had happened. We werenít trailing by 17 and it wasnít late in the 4th so, we wouldnít have been able to try that goofy 4th and 12 play. No kickoffs mean no Drake TD return.

Those 2 rule changes just take away so much from the game and make it easier for teams to hold onto a lead IMO. Teams will not have a chance to steal a possession or points and canít flip the field with a great return.

So, is this league built with TV money or are they counting on butts in the seats? The crowds look small, especially in Orlando because that is already a small stadium. This may be a bad sign if they are counting on full houses.

Honestly, they should have delayed the start of the season. The Super Bowl was just 1 week ago. Signing day was this week. No one was craving football yet. If this league didnít start for another month, people would be craving some games more.

Anyway, Iím a baseball fan and spring training starts next week so, football will be #2 in my house until September (or late August).

EDIT: Are these refs NFL refs, college, NFL/college rejects or something new?
    Last edited by CrimsonNagus; February 9th, 2019 at 09:11 PM.