What ex-college football coach is next to join Alliance of American Football League?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I fully expect the NFL to eventually eliminate kickoffs, which obviously would eliminate onside kicks as well.
They really should. Kickoffs are rarely exciting and dangerous. There are a host of ideas that are better than kickoffs and onside kicks IMO.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
They do give you a chance at an onside kick. You get the ball on your own 35 and you have one play to go ten yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tlockwood

1st Team
Dec 15, 2000
Hephzibah, Ga
I don't know. Spring football, maybe.
No kickoffs and no onside kicks? Interesting.
Neusheisel and Spurrier? Not sure that is the future.
If the players are not disrespecting the flag on the pregame national anthem, I might give it a try.
I haven't watched an NFL game in a year and a half.
I might try this.
I am with you on the topic of the National Anthem. I would venture a guess that this was topic number 1 discussed at several of the meetings. Like you, I could care less about the NFL. I am tired of the protesting and the division it has caused in the greatest country the world has ever known.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Legion Field is going to drive people away right off. But I still think it’s possible to be a decent thing if they are a successful team like the Stallions but they can be a financial failure if the team produces like the Bolts

I’m hoping that San Antonio or Omaha are the last team because it’s going to be a geographical nightmare of a league if they pick another east of the Mississippi team.

Kinda curious about how they will compete at the same time as the XFL and if there will be NFL team affiliations for these teams like there is in minor league baseball.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I believe that if the AAFL is successful in kicking off that there will be no XFL. I think it would be very smart for the NFL to support these guys but they won't. They will pull players and coaches out of the league and all that, but the NFL has never been interested in spending money where they weren't forced to.

I think that of all these things the CFL has always been the smartest, except when they did their excursion into the US with B'ham, San Antonio, Baltimore, etc. The CFL is what it is and either you like it or you don't, but they are true to their game and haven't compromised it. They know they will never compete with the NFL so why try? With the rising success of the NBA and college spring sports I am not sure there is even a market for this football league, but let's give it a go and see what happens.

rtr

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yay, another new professional football league.

But this one is different. It's going to succeed. :)
The biggest reason most fail is because it’s ran by some billionaire cult of personality that believes he is capable of taking down the NFL, and the NFL’s lack of interest on minor league teams.

I think this has a chance to succeed, but they are going to have to have the NFL get interested in the product at some point. I think the biggest advantage this has is that it’s making itself out to be a regional developmental league whereas the USFL and XFL1 tried to be direct competitors. This has the appearance of the World League type feeling.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
... This has the appearance of the World League type feeling.
Which World League - the WFL of the 70s debacle (but an entertaining debacle! - and territorial draft choices) or the WLAF (pronounced "We Laugh"), the NFL's $500M bust of the 90s? Regardless, they were both ideas born of misbegotten parentage.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Which World League - the WFL of the 70s debacle (but an entertaining debacle! - and territorial draft choices) or the WLAF (pronounced "We Laugh"), the NFL's $500M bust of the 90s? Regardless, they were both ideas born of misbegotten parentage.
More of 90’s version. The problem has always been the NFL’s commitment ( lack of) and the over spending of the idea by the league and broadcast companies. If they would treat these leagues as true minor leagues like other sports then I believe they could succeed. The NFL Europe served as good developmental league for the NFL until the NFL totally abandoned it.

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
The biggest reason most fail is because it’s ran by some billionaire cult of personality that believes he is capable of taking down the NFL, and the NFL’s lack of interest on minor league teams.

I think this has a chance to succeed, but they are going to have to have the NFL get interested in the product at some point. I think the biggest advantage this has is that it’s making itself out to be a regional developmental league whereas the USFL and XFL1 tried to be direct competitors. This has the appearance of the World League type feeling.
I just think the biggest pitfall with a Spring league is that football has always been a Fall sport. And Fall already has college and the NFL.

And to put out an inferior product, it is no different than the CFL's experiment in expansion into the US. Why would I want to watch this?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.