New to the Tide: Gameday ?'s

B1GMark

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 10, 2018
My kid just decided to attend Bama! Can anyone let me know when tickets for football go on sale? When game times are established? What is the best advice for parking on game day?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Individual game tickets will go on sale in a few months. Will most likely be ones sent back from the other school.

Game times will be announced about two weeks from the game once the TV side of things are figured out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Welcome to TideFans. Some of our members are old hands at: How to avoid part of the Game Day traffic, where to park, what time to arrive, where to eat, and who has the best Tailgating.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
My kid just decided to attend Bama! Can anyone let me know when tickets for football go on sale? When game times are established? What is the best advice for parking on game day?
The kickoff time for the opener will be set around mid to late May. Then the times for the next 2 games will be announced a week or two later.

From then on it’s the network call about 2 weeks before the game. One possible exception is the Iron Bowl, which sometimes gets assigned a time on CBS if both teams are good - and sometimes that doesn’t even matter.

You can apply some logic by getting one of those schedule grids and working through it. Florida vs Tennessee is almost always the 230 CBS game as is UF-UGA. LSU-UA has been prime time first Sat night in November the last 7 years. Look at the matchups and you can figure it out with about 85-90% accuracy. Whether LSU-Auburn is CBS (it is most years) depends on the other games that day. There are occasional wild cards you can’t predict like Manziel making ATM a draw or MSU’s 2014 run but it’s generally predictable. Auburn-UGA is on CBS about 90% of the time. Alabama-Tennessee used to be (like last year) but again it depends on the other games. CBS gets first pick and chooses the money game.

You have to hope you don’t wind up with 11am or 745pm. The rest tends to be manageable.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It's kind of difficult now, but I've looked over the schedules just a bit. You can find the grid here.

One key to pay attention to is when CBS sets up doubleheaders. Recently they've had two doubles and one triple. It all depends. But let's sort of work through a bit of it.

SEPTEMBER 15
Alabama/Ole Miss
Ark/UNT
Auburn/LSU
Florida/Colo St (the McElwain Used To Coach Us Bowl)
UGA/MTSU
UK/Murray St
MSU/ULL
Mizzou/Purdue
SCAR/Marshall
Tenn/UTEP
ATM/ULM
Vandy/N Dame

OK, I'd rate LSU/Auburn as the most likely CBS game. The one that makes everyone shake is that for some reason ESPN LOVES to pick this Tide game for the dreaded 8pm kickoff (2010, 2012, 2015, 2017). You have 50/50 odds of it being then based on recent years. The only thing that might save us is that none of the other games are that good so - hopefully - 615p.

SEPTEMBER 22
Alabama/ATM
Arky/Auburn
Florida/Tenn
UGA/Mizzou
MSU/Kentucky
La Tech/LSU
Kent St/Ole Miss
SCAR/Vandy

I can tell you right now that the CBS 230 game will either be us or UF/Tenn. If they opt for the doubleheader, I'd bet we're on at 230. In fact, I suspect we're the 230 game anyway, esp with Jimbo being there and all the excitement. Last year was the only time UA/ATM hasn't been the 230 game, and that's because CBS had already picked the game when LSU lost to Troy. I think had ATM been undefeated at that point, they may well have taken our game.

If not then we'll be the 615 ESPN game. That's not great, but it narrows it down a lot.

SEPTEMBER 29
Alabama/ULL

If I'm a betting man, this is probably the 11am early game. The CBS pick will either be UGA/Tenn (probably) or Ole Miss-LSU. Arky/ATM is also a possibility.

OCTOBER 6
Alabama/Arky
Auburn/MSU
LSU/Florida
UGA/Vandy
ATM/UK
ULM/Ole Miss
SCAR/Mizzou

You can probably bet the mortgage on LSU/Florida on CBS. Only if both implode badly early and Arky is unbeaten will we get that slot. Looking at it, I'm suspecting 615p on ESPN.

OCTOBER 13
Alabama/Mizzou
Ole Miss/Arky
Auburn/Tenn
Florida/Vandy
UGA/LSU
ATM/SCAR

The CBS pick is likely either UGA/LSU or Auburn/Tenn but this one really is a toss-up. We COULD be the choice with that Heisman candidate they have. I doubt it, though.

OCTOBER 20
Third Saturday in October
Arky/Tulsa
Ole Miss/Auburn
Vandy/UK
MSU/LSU
Memphis/Mizzou

I would say odds are greater than 95% that we play on CBS at 230 this day. In fact, I'd say greater than 99%.

OCTOBER 27
Florida/UGA - guarantee you this is the 230 game

NOVEMBER 3
Alabama/LSU - will be the prime time CBS game like always

NOVEMBER 10
Alabama/MSU
LSU/Arky
Auburn/UGA
SCAR/Florida
Tenn/UK
ATM/Ole Miss
Vandy/Mizzou

Odds are above 90% that Auburn-UGA is the pick. Only an implosion by one team this year and a contending MSU team (fat chance) would have the chance at changing it and possibly if LSU/Arky had great years as it is a rivalry.

Most probable? between 6 and 7pm.

NOVEMBER 17
Alabama/the Citadel

Who cares?

NOVEMBER 24
Iron Bowl
Ark/Mizzou
FSU/Florida
Georgia/Tech
UK/Louisville
ATM/LSU
Egg Bowl - on Thanksgiving Day
Clemson/SCAR
Tenn/Vandy

Odds are that one of the games will get moved forward to Friday.

About 80% that it's the Iron Bowl at 230 on CBS. Notice anything?

CBS - 2000-02, 2004-06, 2008-2013, 2015-2017
ESPN - 2003, 2007, 2014

(Yes, I know the 09 and 10 games were on Friday).

I may be wrong, but I think there's a limit and we had already played five games on CBS in 2014.

We were an awful team in 2003 and Auburn wasn't all that great, either.

But notice that the IB is still on CBS most of the time if the teams are terrible. I was at the 2012 game that we smoked them, 49-0.

Even three-win Alabama in 2000 was on CBS.

So odds are good here, too.

B1GMark

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 10, 2018
Thanks! I hope you are right. We are landing in Birmingham at 11:30 am the day of the Texas AM game. 2:30 or 6:15 is fine by me. Now to figure out how to get tickets.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Thanks! I hope you are right. We are landing in Birmingham at 11:30 am the day of the Texas AM game. 2:30 or 6:15 is fine by me. Now to figure out how to get tickets.
1) StubHub
2) Scalpers outside the stadium

Tickets are the least of your worries. Seriously. You'll be able to get them. Your bigger issue is getting there - hotels, transportation, time.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
2) Scalpers outside the stadium
If you go this route, make sure you deal with someone who has a Tuscaloosa business license. It should be on a lanyard around their neck. If they don't have a business license, you are more likely to be dealing with fake tickets, which has become an increasing problem over the last few years.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
If you go this route, make sure you deal with someone who has a Tuscaloosa business. It should be on a lanyard around their neck. If they don't have a business license, you are more likely to be dealing with fake tickets, which has become an increasing problem over the last few years.
Yes, correct.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Also, parking at University Mall and taking the shuttle is much easier than fighting the traffic on campus on game days. That's what my wife does. The bus drops you off at the southeast corner of the stadium.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.