Where Do The Bama Players go in the draft?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I can tell you that if Minkah falls to 13 the Redskins will pounce on him. It sounds like the worst kept secret is that the Steelers and Rashan Evans are a perfect fit.

The rest I have no idea. I'd love Ridley to go to the Raiders but no idea how likely that is. I'd bet Payne goes late 1st to early 2nd.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Like every year, all the mock drafts are all over the place. They think if they do enough of them that they can look back and say “see I was right”. As far as our guys, just about every mock draft has Evans going to the Steelers. I think the only surprise would be if he didn’t. I did see one that had Ridley to the Falcons (not as weird as it sounds). The Falcons need a DT, but I doubt Payne will be available when they pick. If he is I hope he goes to the Falcons.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I can tell you that if Minkah falls to 13 the Redskins will pounce on him. It sounds like the worst kept secret is that the Steelers and Rashan Evans are a perfect fit.

The rest I have no idea. I'd love Ridley to go to the Raiders but no idea how likely that is. I'd bet Payne goes late 1st to early 2nd.
Ridley to the Raiders would be cool. Seth Roberts, Amari Cooper and Jared Cook would make a pretty potent receiving corps. (not sure if ALL those players are still there - haven't kept up with FA)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I really have no sense for exactly where these guys will land, but I expect/hope to see 4 Alabama players taken in the first round (Ridley, Fitzpatrick, Evans and Payne).

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Ridley to the Raiders would be cool. Seth Roberts, Amari Cooper and Jared Cook would make a pretty potent receiving corps. (not sure if ALL those players are still there - haven't kept up with FA)
Raiders added Jordy Nelson, so the likelihood of Ridley to the Raiders is next to none. Especially with the their holes on D. I'd say it's far more likely the Cardinals or Ravens take him. We all know Ozzies penchant for drafting Bama boys, but WR is also a huge position of need for them. The Ravens only proven receiver is Crabtree, and he's on a short term deal. The Cardinals will likely go QB, but Fitzgerald isn't getting any younger and their other receivers haven't developed at all. The Cards need weapons around Bradford aside from David Johnson if they want him to have any shot of success.

To answer the OP, we have 3 that are virtually guaranteed to go in the 1st. Two others are possible. Minkah is a consensus top 10 talent. His draft fate though largely depends on the run on QB's. If only 3 go in the top 10, He should be off the board around 7-10. If a team trades up though to over draft a fourth QB like Mayfield, (Such as the Cardinals or Bills) then he could fall to 10-12. Any lower than that would be a huge surprise.

There's a gap in mocks with Payne, but he typically goes 15-20. I'd say that he is the 3rd nearly guaranteed 1st rd pick. I'd expect a team like the Seahawks or Lions to take him. Seahawks have lost a fair amount of defensive talent and he would fit the Lions new defensive scheme quite well. Worst case he falls to end of the 1st where a team like the Patriots pick him up. I'd call him a 90% chance

Evans I'd say is a 75% chance. I don't think there's any chance that he falls out of the top 40 picks, but I've seen a handful have him very early 2nd. I fully believe the Steelers to take him. Bud Dupree has been a disappointment and Shazier is likely never going to play at the level he once was. If he's still on the board, it's a near guarantee unless the Steelers value another LB over him.

Last one with a chance is Ronnie Harrison. I've seen a handful of mocks show with him in the late 1st. This would shock me. I'm sure some teams love his size and hitting ability, but safeties like him rarely go too high due to the perceived coverage liabilities of his size. I'd call it a 10% chance and I'd expect mid-2nd for him at the earliest.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Like every year, all the mock drafts are all over the place. They think if they do enough of them that they can look back and say “see I was right”. As far as our guys, just about every mock draft has Evans going to the Steelers. I think the only surprise would be if he didn’t. I did see one that had Ridley to the Falcons (not as weird as it sounds). The Falcons need a DT, but I doubt Payne will be available when they pick. If he is I hope he goes to the Falcons.
No kidding. I have seen Minkah anywhere from 4-24 and the 24 has to be a joke. I did see Rashaan to Dallas in 1 or 2.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Ridley seems to have fallen down a few draft boards, but still solidly in the top half of the first round.

Last edited:

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I've got:

Minkah to T.B.
Ridley to Baltimore (Ravens will have to jump Dal for Ridley)
Evans to Pittsburgh.
Payne to Seattle.
Ronnie Harrison to New England
DeShawn Hand to Oakland
Bo to K.C., cause why not? ;)
Averett to Houston
Levy Wallace to New Orleans

He won't get drafted due to his age but I hope some team gives Jamar King a chance.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.