Where Do The Bama Players go in the draft?
Thanks Thanks:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Where Do The Bama Players go in the draft?

Where do you think the Bama players go in the draft and where would you rather they go?

I personally would like to see more Bama players in Atlanta and New Orleans. Could you imagine Julio and Calvin? Wow!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Where Do The Bama Players go in the draft?

I can tell you that if Minkah falls to 13 the Redskins will pounce on him. It sounds like the worst kept secret is that the Steelers and Rashan Evans are a perfect fit.

The rest I have no idea. I'd love Ridley to go to the Raiders but no idea how likely that is. I'd bet Payne goes late 1st to early 2nd.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Like every year, all the mock drafts are all over the place. They think if they do enough of them that they can look back and say “see I was right”. As far as our guys, just about every mock draft has Evans going to the Steelers. I think the only surprise would be if he didn’t. I did see one that had Ridley to the Falcons (not as weird as it sounds). The Falcons need a DT, but I doubt Payne will be available when they pick. If he is I hope he goes to the Falcons.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation All-American Intl.Aperture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    I can tell you that if Minkah falls to 13 the Redskins will pounce on him. It sounds like the worst kept secret is that the Steelers and Rashan Evans are a perfect fit.

The rest I have no idea. I'd love Ridley to go to the Raiders but no idea how likely that is. I'd bet Payne goes late 1st to early 2nd.
    Ridley to the Raiders would be cool. Seth Roberts, Amari Cooper and Jared Cook would make a pretty potent receiving corps. (not sure if ALL those players are still there - haven't kept up with FA)
    “And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.”
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

I really have no sense for exactly where these guys will land, but I expect/hope to see 4 Alabama players taken in the first round (Ridley, Fitzpatrick, Evans and Payne).

BamaNation All-American BamaHoosier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intl.Aperture View Post
    Ridley to the Raiders would be cool. Seth Roberts, Amari Cooper and Jared Cook would make a pretty potent receiving corps. (not sure if ALL those players are still there - haven't kept up with FA)
    Raiders added Jordy Nelson, so the likelihood of Ridley to the Raiders is next to none. Especially with the their holes on D. I'd say it's far more likely the Cardinals or Ravens take him. We all know Ozzies penchant for drafting Bama boys, but WR is also a huge position of need for them. The Ravens only proven receiver is Crabtree, and he's on a short term deal. The Cardinals will likely go QB, but Fitzgerald isn't getting any younger and their other receivers haven't developed at all. The Cards need weapons around Bradford aside from David Johnson if they want him to have any shot of success.

To answer the OP, we have 3 that are virtually guaranteed to go in the 1st. Two others are possible. Minkah is a consensus top 10 talent. His draft fate though largely depends on the run on QB's. If only 3 go in the top 10, He should be off the board around 7-10. If a team trades up though to over draft a fourth QB like Mayfield, (Such as the Cardinals or Bills) then he could fall to 10-12. Any lower than that would be a huge surprise.

There's a gap in mocks with Payne, but he typically goes 15-20. I'd say that he is the 3rd nearly guaranteed 1st rd pick. I'd expect a team like the Seahawks or Lions to take him. Seahawks have lost a fair amount of defensive talent and he would fit the Lions new defensive scheme quite well. Worst case he falls to end of the 1st where a team like the Patriots pick him up. I'd call him a 90% chance

Evans I'd say is a 75% chance. I don't think there's any chance that he falls out of the top 40 picks, but I've seen a handful have him very early 2nd. I fully believe the Steelers to take him. Bud Dupree has been a disappointment and Shazier is likely never going to play at the level he once was. If he's still on the board, it's a near guarantee unless the Steelers value another LB over him.

Last one with a chance is Ronnie Harrison. I've seen a handful of mocks show with him in the late 1st. This would shock me. I'm sure some teams love his size and hitting ability, but safeties like him rarely go too high due to the perceived coverage liabilities of his size. I'd call it a 10% chance and I'd expect mid-2nd for him at the earliest.
    Last edited by BamaHoosier; April 11th, 2018 at 10:33 AM.
    Formerly BamaBomber

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    Like every year, all the mock drafts are all over the place. They think if they do enough of them that they can look back and say “see I was right”. As far as our guys, just about every mock draft has Evans going to the Steelers. I think the only surprise would be if he didn’t. I did see one that had Ridley to the Falcons (not as weird as it sounds). The Falcons need a DT, but I doubt Payne will be available when they pick. If he is I hope he goes to the Falcons.
    No kidding. I have seen Minkah anywhere from 4-24 and the 24 has to be a joke. I did see Rashaan to Dallas in 1 or 2.

Ridley seems to have fallen down a few draft boards, but still solidly in the top half of the first round.
    Last edited by drwho; April 15th, 2018 at 12:13 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    Ridley has seems to have fallen down a few draft boards, but still solidly in the top half of the first round.
    Yeah because one afternoon trying to jump and bench press was apparently more Important than three years of video
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation All-American beatthemtigers's Avatar

Dolphins-Fitzpatrick
    Cowboys-Ridley
    Bills-Payne
    Patriots-Evans

BamaNation First Team

Really looking like Ridley is going to the cowboys. They ditched Dex.

BamaNation First Team BayouBama75's Avatar

I keep seeing Payne to the Chargers

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    Like every year, all the mock drafts are all over the place.
    I would be interesting to see a chart, or some type of analysis, showing which mock drafts were closest to the actual drafts.