Today starts NSD for college basketball ...

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
We lose Sexton to the draft and Davis to transfer. With Norris coming back where is the spot for our 3rd recruit coming from?
The rumor is one or two transferring. I could see Giddens leaving given he was passed by Galen Smith and coach’s comments about him at the end of the season. It would put him in a tight spot though having two years to play but having to sit out one due to transferring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Just saw a tweet that our coaches are looking at Dmitry Ryuny out of Central Park Christian as part of the 2018 class. Supposedly they saw him last week and will see him again this week, whatever that means (visit in person/home? watched him play AAU?). If they are looking for someone else in the 2018 class AND Norris does come back then that means we will have to lose 2 scholarship players. I could not find much about Dmitry Ryuny, he apparently has only been in the states for 6 months and is very athletic. Apparently he is #15 (dark uniform) in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HxajUs3CZg

Last edited:

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Just saw a tweet that our coaches are looking at Dmitry Ryuny out of Central Park Christian as part of the 2018 class. Supposedly they saw him last week and will see him again this week, whatever that means (visit in person/home? watched him play AAU?). If they are looking for someone else in the 2018 class AND Norris does come back then that means we will have to lose 2 scholarship players. I could not find much about Dmitry Ryuny, he apparently has only been in the states for 6 months and is very athletic. Apparently he is #15 (dark uniform) in this video:

They watched him play in the NACA (National Association for Christian Athletics) National Championship Tournament held in Dayton, Tn. (I know because my school played in it for years before joining the AHSAA. This is an all Christian School organization (which Central Park Christian is a part of) (I actually played against Rod Grizzard at Central Park when I was in High School)

Anyway, the point is, this is a very good league with some great players. There is no sit out transfer rule, so anyone can transfer no matter what district.

I’m intrigued by this kid.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

The way AJ talked about the roster Friday on JOX, I can see transfers happening. He didn’t say guys were going to, but he hinted at it.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
They watched him play in the NACA (National Association for Christian Athletics) National Championship Tournament held in Dayton, Tn. (I know because my school played in it for years before joining the AHSAA. This is an all Christian School organization (which Central Park Christian is a part of) (I actually played against Rod Grizzard at Central Park when I was in High School)

Anyway, the point is, this is a very good league with some great players. There is no sit out transfer rule, so anyone can transfer no matter what district.

I’m intrigued by this kid.

I wonder if the coaches are asking him to be a walk-on as insurance in case someone transfers later on.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Well, we lost one today apparently.

rtr
Braxton Key.

I can't say that I'm surprised. His body language was not good the entire year. He has the potential to be a very good player but he doesn't seem to understand that he isn't there yet. Reading between the lines over the past 2 seasons, it's my guess that he has people in his ear telling him that he is better than what he actually is at the moment.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.