**** 2019 K Will Reichard (Hoover) Commits to UA **** - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: 2019 K Will Reichard (Hoover)

Glad you're Rolling with the Tide Will.

BamaNation All-SEC BamaBoySince89's Avatar

As long as he can make a chip-shot for the win and we don't start calling him Will Wide-Reichard, he's good in my book

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    Great pick-up and I believe he will be the real deal. Welcome and RTR Will. The only thing I don't like is we now can not say every commit we have is 4* or higher .
    Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    He is a five star on Chris Sailer rankings
    Isn't 3* the highest they'll rank a kicker...so technically he's a 5* at his position

BamaNation All-SEC

Technically...they could award him one star for each toe on his kicking foot, but since he's only rated as a three-star, the recruiting services must've used a logarithm that deducted not one but two stars from 'Bama's suffering from excruciating Achilles Toe last year...

BamaNation All-American

Re: **** 2019 K Will Reichard (Hoover) Commits to UA ****

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Isn't 3* the highest they'll rank a kicker...so technically he's a 5* at his position
    Sailor is basically saying he deserves five-stars...

Good enough!

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Trying to link a Twitter video of him kicking a 73 yarder

https://twitter.com/abc/status/https://twitter.com/_Mike_McCabe/status/958014538573647872

Last edited by BamaMoon; May 24th, 2018 at 10:10 AM.

McCabe is excellent at his job. Saw him coach kickers for years at Prattville. Brian Egan (on staff with him at One on One Kicking) was a Parade All-American and would routinely have kickoffs go through the uprights. He should have played big time college football, but he didn't care about academics.

IOW, Will is getting great coaching.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar

We watched this kid kick at the Spring Classic in Troy last weekend where Hoover beat Brookwood HS out of Snellville, GA. He is INCREDIBLE. Met his grandfather and talked to him for the entire second half of the game. Amazing family and this kid has one of those tear jerker stories that will be featured on Sports Center. He's been kicking like a pro since he was in 6th grade. Started the Chris Sailer camps back then. Sailer knew the moment he saw him he was special. Will and his dad had a special relationship and travelled to camps every summer together. When Will was a freshman in HS, they went to a camp in Dallas (I think that's what his grandad said). When they got home, his dad wasn't feeling well and went to the doctor. He was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and died 8 days later. I think Will stopped kicking for a period of time but realized that his dad would want him to go on and be the best he could be. It is a heart-wrenching story. I just teared up thinking about his granddad telling us the story. He kicked off, punted and did field goals/extra points in that Spring Game and looked like a senior in college. Perfect form and every single kickoff went 10 yards in the end zone. I think his granddad said that he has only had 2-3 kickoffs that didn't go into the end zone. He is the real deal, y'all. He won't have those issues adjusting to college football from HS. Can't wait for him to get to Bama!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Yes and you are correct.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamabelle1991 View Post
    We watched this kid kick at the Spring Classic in Troy last weekend where Hoover beat Brookwood HS out of Snellville, GA. He is INCREDIBLE. Met his grandfather and talked to him for the entire second half of the game. Amazing family and this kid has one of those tear jerker stories that will be featured on Sports Center. He's been kicking like a pro since he was in 6th grade. Started the Chris Sailer camps back then. Sailer knew the moment he saw him he was special. Will and his dad had a special relationship and travelled to camps every summer together. When Will was a freshman in HS, they went to a camp in Dallas (I think that's what his grandad said). When they got home, his dad wasn't feeling well and went to the doctor. He was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and died 8 days later. I think Will stopped kicking for a period of time but realized that his dad would want him to go on and be the best he could be. It is a heart-wrenching story. I just teared up thinking about his granddad telling us the story. He kicked off, punted and did field goals/extra points in that Spring Game and looked like a senior in college. Perfect form and every single kickoff went 10 yards in the end zone. I think his granddad said that he has only had 2-3 kickoffs that didn't go into the end zone. He is the real deal, y'all. He won't have those issues adjusting to college football from HS. Can't wait for him to get to Bama!!
    Thanks for sharing that story Belle. I will be pulling for him as hard as I have pulled for anyone.

BamaNation All-American TrueCrimson7's Avatar

Sounds like a special player. 73 yards is amazing. As long as we have a kicker who is accurate from 40-45 yards in, I'll be a happy camper.

BamaNation All-American GP for Bama's Avatar

Roll Tide!
    Welcome Will!
    Bama 934-320-44 73.6% On the field

2018 SEC CHAMPS!

BamaNation All-American

Don`t these kids routinely kick off the ground now in prep for college?