**** 2019 K Will Reichard (Hoover) Commits to UA ****

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
So, let’s do this one more time. Will Reichard, from freaking Hoover is the nation’s number one kicker prospect. He has Alabama in his top three (alongside UGA and LSU.) And, wonder of wonders, an Alabama special teams coach may be the deciding factor in signing him.

https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2018/4...t-chance-to-land-the-nations-no-1-placekicker

I hope we can land Will. It would be good to take the adventure out of FG kicking.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Re: What wizardry is this? Bama has a great chance to land the nation’s No. 1 placeki

So, let’s do this one more time. Will Reichard, from freaking Hoover is the nation’s number one kicker prospect. He has Alabama in his top three (alongside UGA and LSU.) And, wonder of wonders, an Alabama special teams coach may be the deciding factor in signing him.

https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2018/4...t-chance-to-land-the-nations-no-1-placekicker

I hope we can land Will. It would be good to take the adventure out of FG kicking.
Adam Griffith wasn't chopped liver in the recruiting circles, neither was Cade Foster. The kickers we've signed just haven't progressed, it could be because we've lacked a coach with the expertise to help them develop. Let's hope that's changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Re: What wizardry is this? Bama has a great chance to land the nation’s No. 1 placeki

happens more often than you think.

Kicking is not an easy adaption from HS to College, the rankings are usually hit or miss.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Adam Griffith wasn't chopped liver in the recruiting circles, neither was Cade Foster. The kickers we've signed just haven't progressed, it could be because we've lacked a coach with the expertise to help them develop. Let's hope that's changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly!!!

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016

I hadn't thought about Leigh Tiffin in quite some time. I don't remember him as being this great kicker, but I guess he was. I ran into him right after the Arkansas debacle and was as encouraging as I could be, and steered the conversation away from football so I didn't say something goofy that messed with his confidence.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Griffith was actually the #1 kicker in his class too, so this is nothing new for us.

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008

Corey Smith was the #2 ranked kicker in the nation when we signed him in 2008. Never kicked for us. I think Reichard is really good and I hope we get him. As others have pointed out, though, it's a leap to college.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Is he a Spread Kicker? Or a Pro-style kicker? ;)

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Didn’t Cade Foster kick from a tee when he was in HS in Texas? If so I think that might have accounted for a lot of his lack of progression while here.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Re: 5 star Kicker Will Reichard

Sounds like a fine young man!

I hope we see him in Crimson!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Look for something soon ;)

https://chrissailerkicking.com/player-rankings/profile?player=7081
Chris Sailer says could be one of the best of all time
I think we will get him. In another article, Sailer said he would be the #1 kicker in the '16,' 17, '18, '19 classes and is a special talent. We have a big advantage since mom will only be 45 minutes away and can see him play and this is big since he lost his dad recently.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

He sounds like the real deal.

A deadly FG kicker might be the last position CNS has not had a real star to emerge at Bama. Maybe this guy is the one!

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

Not to be cynical but I am going to wait until he signs and performs on the field before I get too excited about a FG Kicker.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.