Question: Would Avery Johnson return to the NBA?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If the money and situation was right, I am sure he would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I doubt it. I think he is like CNS and would prefer to work with kids that he can mentor and I doubt money is really an issue for him. Plus, I'm not sure the NBA is really interested in him unless he started having major success in college.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Avery had very little post-season success in the NBA (outside of his first year with the Mavs I don't think he ever advanced past the first round), so I am not sure how attractive he would be to a team, but he is still learning his craft and could certainly give it another shot if offered.

I would think that whether or not he enjoyed the recruiting process would be a key point in any decision he'd make, and CAJ seems to enjoy recruiting at least enough to convince some of these kids that Alabama is the right place for them.

rtr

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Maybe, but not until AJJ is gone. Seriously doubt he would leave Bama until his son's eligibility is up..

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Intel is the Knicks have asked their patron saint Red Klotz for permission to talk to him. Red Klotz, not Red Holzman, because that's who the Knicks have become: the Washington Generals of the NBA.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If given an opportunity to succeed at that level, yes. No doubt in my mind.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.