Syria air strikes

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Yah, they told you it was chemical weapons, but do you really believe them after Vietnam, Iraq, etc, etc, etc? Why would you at this point? They lie in order to justify what they want to do.

Let the rest of the world deal with it if it's really an issue - I don't trust the war-chickens in DC to do anything but find ways to expend lives in order to pad the pockets of the military-industrial complex.
So you don't believe 'them". Okay. But if it were true, if the Syrians were truly murdering women and children with chemical weapons, would you prefer we did nothing? You are okay with that?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
So you don't believe 'them". Okay. But if it were true, if the Syrians were truly murdering women and children with chemical weapons, would you prefer we did nothing? You are okay with that?
Yah, I'm fine with it, largely because I believe they're full of crap, just like they lied to get us into Vietnam and Iraq.

If they're really doing that, let some other country take the lead for once.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I'm certainly not a supporter of Trump but I cant really fault him, from what I know so far, on his Syria actions. My only concern so far is that it seems that the allied forces may have spent a lot more on the attack than Syria sustained as a result.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It's a no win situation either way, do nothing and you're an animal for watching people die, do something and you're an animal for inciting World War III.
We've watched hundreds of thousands (millions?) die in Africa without lifting a finger because they don't have oil.

If you really believe we're involved in Syria because of altruism or humanitarian interests, I've got a few bridges I'd like to sell you...

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I'm sure JoPa rolled his eyes too. The attitude that 1, people are lying, and 2, it's someone else's problem, these are endemic. You wrote both. Both! Think about it.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
NationalTitles17;3206ftr849 said:
I thought the other thread has gone off the deep end...
Meaning?

Look. We are by our own design the only country in the world with the power to do certain things. We forbid others to have our power. It is therefore a responsibility to use that power. Do you disagree?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm sure JoPa rolled his eyes too. The attitude that 1, people are lying, and 2, it's someone else's problem, these are endemic. You wrote both. Both! Think about it.
So you think the US is supposed to be involved in every other country's business? Your attitude is why there are so many dead in Vietnam and Iraq - think about that.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Meaning?

Look. We are by our own design the only country in the world with the power to do certain things. We forbid others to have our power. It is therefore a responsibility to use that power. Do you disagree?
Outside of nuclear power, you're wrong. And most of our allies (who are much closer to Syria than we are) are every bit as capable, just on a smaller scale, as we are.

Yeah, our military is huge, but the Brits and the French are as technologically advanced as the US is when it comes to strikes like this.

Tell you what, let's keep lobbing bombs based on hunches and see how many kids grow up hating the US. It's worked so well for decades now...

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
So you
think the US is supposed to be involved in every other country's business? Your attitude is why there are so many dead in Vietnam and Iraq - think about that.
No but thanks. Sincerely. Thank you for dialogue about a serious topic. I appreciate all discourse. But you are making a false equivalence. The war in Vietnam and Iraq are certainly questionable in hindsight. They do not prove we should evade responsibility in the present.
Outside of nuclear power, you're wrong. And most of our allies (who are much closer to Syria than we are) are every bit as capable, just on a smaller scale, as we are.

Yeah, our military is huge, but the Brits and the French are as technologically advanced as the US is when it comes to strikes like this.

Tell you what, let's keep lobbing bombs based on hunches and see how many kids grow up hating the US. It's worked so well for decades now...
The Brits and French are literally medieval without our our satellites. The US is the singular super power. It ain't close.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The Brits and French are literally medieval without our our satellites. The US is the singular super power. It ain't close.
I'd suggest you need to read up on the Galileo GPS system, along with CERES, ELISA, and Helios2.

The French alone can function at 100% capacity without US military satellites. And of course the Brits have Skynet.

You'll need better excuses than that as to why some other country can't step in and stop this alleged chemical attack.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
So you think the US is supposed to be involved in every other country's business? Your attitude is why there are so many dead in Vietnam and Iraq - think about that.
Well, we took no notice of of British and Russian blood shed in Afghanistan and no notices of the British blood shed in Iraq. Why the hell start learning now? Of course, as usual, the PTB are in the pockets of the guys providing the munitions...

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I'd suggest you need to read up on the Galileo GPS system, along with CERES, ELISA, and Helios2. thanks

The French alone can function at 100% capacity without US military satellites. And of course the Brits have Skynet.

You'll need better excuses than that as to why some other country can't step in and stop this alleged chemical attack.
Nope. Ignorance is bliss. You are very happy.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
I'm not sure if we should have been involved or not. There is one thing I'm sure of, Congress is a do nothing bunch of self involved morons.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I'd suggest you need to read up on the Galileo GPS system, along with CERES, ELISA, and Helios2.

Yes. I disagree. Completely. Wholeheartedly. Without hesitation in regards to the statements made.
And so goes it .. cowards are uncountable.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.