Link: Avery Interview from JOX’s 3 Man Front

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I think this is his make or break year.
It would be if not for the miraculous play by Sexton to win the aTm game in the SEC tournament and then the beat down of a shorthanded AU team. Obviously, the win over VT was huge as well. Even though it was very ugly down the stretch of the regular season and almost 1 and done in the SEC tournament I think by making the tournament and winning a game that there won't be any hot seat discussion this year regardless of the results..

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think this is his make or break year.
Absolutely no. This team gained lot of experiences. They have several quality wins, and that historic game against Minnesota, Beating Auburn during regular season... We saw so much talent in this team... only thing that was hurting the team was the experience, learning to play through a undesirable situation. Petty hit a freshman wall... Hall broke his hand, Sexton got hurt... and yet we made the tournament. So no, it's not make or break year for Johnson. He has his coaching staff back and they should be able to make adjustments.. and I expect the team to continue to improve.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
As far as discussion goes for next year, I think we'll be better. People forget about Tavon Austin who averaged I think 14 at Texas in his freshman year. I think he will be a huge addition to this team. Think a bigger stronger Sexton who I believe will buy into the team concept. I think he'll average in the teens and have more assists than Sexton. Petty is clearly very talented, but he needs to spend an off season in the weight room with Cochran if possible. He is just way too thin play the 3 which could be his best position if he works at it. Donta Hall again just needs to get bigger. He has talent, but he needs some girth to bang with the big boys on the boards. Ingram needs to work on his shooting and be stronger with the ball. Braxton needs to regain his freshman form and simply being healthy the whole year will help. Jr just needs to be 3 inches taller, just kidding, he can contribute next year as a reserve PG. Herb Jones is probably the best all around player on the team. He plays defense, he can handle the ball, he shoots efficiently when the opportunity arises, but he too needs to spend the summer in the weight room. Giddens is loaded with talent, but he has a reputation as a guy who fouls a lot and the officials look for him. He needs to play smart. If he does that he can be the rebounder we desperately need. Galin Smith was getting more and more minutes because he can rebound. I think he'll be in the rotation this year consistently next year. The new recruits are going to contribute as well. Butler may be your day 1 PG. Javion Fleming I hear is a glass eater. You can never have enough bigs. Diante Wood is great at his level, the question is will he adjust to the major difference in speed and athletes he'll compete against night in night out.

We'll have a balance of talented young guys, and veterans who can hopefully lead the team. Leadership is what we need as much as anything. Riley Norris coming back will help, but we need a vocal guys who'll call out the others when they don't play hard on both ends. it is a cliché, but leadership will be the difference between being a good team and a great one.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
As far as discussion goes for next year, I think we'll be better. People forget about Tavon Austin who averaged I think 14 at Texas in his freshman year. I think he will be a huge addition to this team. Think a bigger stronger Sexton who I believe will buy into the team concept. I think he'll average in the teens and have more assists than Sexton. Petty is clearly very talented, but he needs to spend an off season in the weight room with Cochran if possible. He is just way too thin play the 3 which could be his best position if he works at it. Donta Hall again just needs to get bigger. He has talent, but he needs some girth to bang with the big boys on the boards. Ingram needs to work on his shooting and be stronger with the ball. Braxton needs to regain his freshman form and simply being healthy the whole year will help. Jr just needs to be 3 inches taller, just kidding, he can contribute next year as a reserve PG. Herb Jones is probably the best all around player on the team. He plays defense, he can handle the ball, he shoots efficiently when the opportunity arises, but he too needs to spend the summer in the weight room. Giddens is loaded with talent, but he has a reputation as a guy who fouls a lot and the officials look for him. He needs to play smart. If he does that he can be the rebounder we desperately need. Galin Smith was getting more and more minutes because he can rebound. I think he'll be in the rotation this year consistently next year. The new recruits are going to contribute as well. Butler may be your day 1 PG. Javion Fleming I hear is a glass eater. You can never have enough bigs. Diante Wood is great at his level, the question is will he adjust to the major difference in speed and athletes he'll compete against night in night out.

We'll have a balance of talented young guys, and veterans who can hopefully lead the team. Leadership is what we need as much as anything. Riley Norris coming back will help, but we need a vocal guys who'll call out the others when they don't play hard on both ends. it is a cliché, but leadership will be the difference between being a good team and a great one.
You are thinking about Tevin Mack who is a 3. I think nearly the entire team is too thin and needs to add some muscle. Way too many missed shots around the goal because players were too weak to finish in traffic. I believe Butler will be the day 1 PG out of necessity. He is a top 100 recruit so hopefully he will show up ready to play. Wood may need a redshirt year. Hall is a top 20 NBA draft pick IF he will develop a shot facing the basketball from 10'-15'. He has to learn that dunking and blocking shots are exciting but he needs to round out his game more. He has the ability.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.