Southwest flight makes emergency landing at PHL

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
two folks died in the crash landing at san francisco a few years ago, but iirc, they were run over by an emergency vehicle after exiting the plane and it was asiana airlines (s. korean carrier)
Piloted by Capt Sum Ting Wong

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
One of the best :)

Still can't believe the TV station didn't catch it.
My brother, the news producer, suspects that stuff and is MERCILESS in whom he makes fun of.

As he said, "ONE of those is at least theoretically possible but once you hear the four names...."

Hey btw - did you decide if you're coming to Tuscaloosa this year?

Be a thrill to meet ya.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

Female ex-Navy fighter pilot saved more than 100 passengers on Southwest flight after engine exploded at 32,000ft, smashed a window and sucked a woman out before fellow passengers dragged her back in

Tammie Jo Shults (pictured), a former Navy fighter pilot and the first woman to fly an F-18, quickly brought the Dallas-bound Southwest Flight 1380 to land at Philadelphia International at 11.30am after the explosion at 32,000ft.

The audio between her and air traffic control was impressive. She was in the zone. The accommodating tone of voice from air traffic control was impressive too. He knew she was in a bad situation and it sounded like he was doing anything and everything he could possibly do to help her succeed. Back to her, she sounded methodical, in control, and calm as can be.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I saw this comment in an article about the incident:

After listening to the audio, and how chill she was during the whole landing, I was expecting her to put in a lunch order for her and the co-pilot.

“Hello tower, after I’m done landing what’s left of my plane and my passengers are taken care of, can I have a bacon cheeseburger with a side of fries for me and a chicken wrap for my co-pilot? We are probably going to be here for a while and the in-flight snacks beat us to the ground”

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

Bobby Laurie‏ @BobbyLaurie

PEOPLE: Listen to your flight attendants! ALMOST EVERYONE in this photo from @SouthwestAir #SWA1380 today is wearing their mask WRONG. Put down the phone, stop with the selfies.. and LISTEN. **Cover your NOSE & MOUTH.
Hope this doesn't lead to an expensive implementation of a redesign on the masks. I suspect that they are effective as long as people breath through their mouths even with this incorrect donning of the masks. Surely the FAA have studied this in live tests and realize that many will not be put on as instructed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.