News Article: Former Alabama DB Minkah Fitzpatrick on UCF: ‘We would have whooped up on them boys’

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Former Alabama DB Minkah Fitzpatrick on UCF: ‘We would have whooped up on them boys’

I didn't see this posted anywhere. Maybe it should be an the UCF thread idk. but LOL! I love Minkah

“I wanted to play them so bad,” Fitzpatrick told SEC Country. “I was all busted up after this season. But I said, ‘I’ll play another game if UCF wants to play another game.’ I would have definitely done it for sure. I’m competitive. I don’t want anybody else claiming that they’re the champions when we’re the real champions. So I would have went out there all busted up, beat up, strapped up, whatever I had to do, to go out there and show them who the real champions are.“Man, we would have whooped up on them boys. It wouldn’t have been close.”
When asked to predict what a score between Alabama and UCF might have looked like, Fitzpatrick said the result would have been a massive rout.
“Man, I’ll say, ’50-plus to 10-minus,'” he said.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Them clowns really believe they are champs and couldn't be beat. We would have stomped that bunch.
I don't think they believe that at all. They're the epitome of the little guy that gets in the face of the big guy talking smack because they know he can't do anything under the circumstances.

I'm not sure how badly Alabama would have beaten them, but I'm pretty sure Alabama could have beaten them with either quarterback, heh.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I don't think they believe that at all. They're the epitome of the little guy that gets in the face of the big guy talking smack because they know he can't do anything under the circumstances.

I'm not sure how badly Alabama would have beaten them, but I'm pretty sure Alabama could have beaten them with either quarterback, heh.
I think Bama would have worn them down...........not sure of the score, but I think Bama pulls away at the beginning of the 3rd QTR and runs off

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
But didn’t they beat the team who beat the teams or some sort of nonsense like that?

As I told Danny Kanell - using that logic he needs to surrender his 93 FSU title ring because West VA beat the team (BC) who beat the team (N Dame) who beat the team (FSU) who beat the unbeaten number one (Nebraska).

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Postseason Alabama would've beat 'em like they stole something. Regular season Alabama as it existed by the time we got to the Iron Bowl would've been in a dogfight.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Alabama-UCF is lose/lose.

If you beat them by 40 points, it's, "Well, of course because of (lists advantages)"

If you barely beat them, it's "the SEC is way overrated."

If you lose, it's "Alabama is overrated."

The VERY SAME people bringing up UCF NOW would have crucified us last September with, "You're afraid to play Florida State so you schedule a nobody like UCF" and then in December it would have been "oh please, Mercer and UCF, Alabama overrated blah blah blah."

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Let's put it another way. If Alabama had played UCF the first game of the season instead of FSU, the story by the end of the season would have been that Alabama didn't really play anyone... that's how badly a rested Alabama team would have demoralized them.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Minkah also said Auburn was the most satisfying team to beat. I know the older generations still wants Tn. to be our main rival but the players and most of the under 40 crowd are just not buying it.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
Minkah also said Auburn was the most satisfying team to beat. I know the older generations still wants Tn. to be our main rival but the players and most of the under 40 crowd are just not buying it.
And yet, if we win the next 7 to 11 games in a row over the booger-eaters, and lose a couple now and then to UcheaT, and the tables would be turned right back to where they were before Pat dye perfected his "black book payroll" system. It's all about perspective.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The thing with Auburn is they have been a valid threat during Saban's time at Alabama. Tennessee? A couple scares and that's it.

I think the reason a lot of people such as myself prefer Tennessee as a rival is not just the history, it's the fact that Auburn has this perverse sort of pleasure in the game. It's their chance to ruin Alabama's season, and their proudest moment appears to not be their own success, but that of Alabama's failure. That's not a healthy relationship...

Last edited:

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
Alabama-UCF is lose/lose.

If you beat them by 40 points, it's, "Well, of course because of (lists advantages)"

If you barely beat them, it's "the SEC is way overrated."

If you lose, it's "Alabama is overrated."

The VERY SAME people bringing up UCF NOW would have crucified us last September with, "You're afraid to play Florida State so you schedule a nobody like UCF" and then in December it would have been "oh please, Mercer and UCF, Alabama overrated blah blah blah."
BINGO - Agree 100 % with all the above.

And just "FWIW" - I agree that had we played UCF in the P_ayoffs, or during the regular season, YES, I think we would have taken care of business....... But (and this may ...., uh.. "hack" some people off) - the same thing could be said for the Booger-eaters had they played UCF in a game that mattered.

Like it or not, the boog players and coaches were about as "excited" to be playing UCF in (whatever meaningless that bowl was), as we were to play OU in the Sugar Bowl after the shocking end of our 2013 season. And the results were the same. Clearly, the barn players and coaches "wanted to win" just as much as our guys "wanted to win" while the game was being played, but it was OBVIOUS in both cases that despite many individuals playing their backsides off, neither team as a whole was as prepared mentally as they could have been, or as determined as they could have been, to win either of those MEANINGLESS Bowl games.

This is one of the unintended consequences of the P_ayoffs, and its something that started all the way back in 1992 with the "Bowl Alliance" - when you make one (or 3 or 8) game(s) "prime", you make the rest Meaningless.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
And yet, if we win the next 7 to 11 games in a row over the booger-eaters, and lose a couple now and then to UcheaT, and the tables would be turned right back to where they were before Pat dye perfected his "black book payroll" system. It's all about perspective.
I don't think so. We lost to Ole Miss in 2014 and 2015 heck we were losing in 2016 but came back to win, no one is looking at them as our main rival. The Auburn game just means more to the average fan in the State. As a kid I remember the excitement around the Auburn game. The school getting involved. Some of your friends, or so called friends :wink:, were Auburn fans. That entire week was special. Places literally closing down to watch that game. Grocery stores dividing their store up half Alabama half Auburn. People running around stealing flags than replacing them with the opposite. Thats the good natured stuff, the bad I won't even mention.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The main reason I didn't want to see Bama play UCF was I didn't want to let them have a shot, which would have justified their whining. It's like giving in to the bratty kid whining for ice cream.

UCF had a path to play for the NC, but it started when they were making the schedule for the 2017 season - they chose to play in a powderpuff conference and a powderpuff OOC schedule, so they didn't prove that they deserved the shot. And I hope the CFP never yields to any pressure to allow that sort of team into the play-offs. You want in? Simple, play a real schedule and earn it.

Otherwise, just shut up and enjoy the Peach Bowl.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.