Shea Patterson details scope of Ole Miss deception in lengthy letter to Michigan

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: hea Patterson details scope of Ole Miss deception in lengthy letter to Michigan

Seems to be endemic of modern big-time college sports. Ironically, the FBI is going after BASKETBALL at this point, when the 500 lb gorilla in the room is football.

I believe that nearly every big-time program is part of this hypocrisy.
As I see it, the FBI thing with BBall has nothing to do with schools or boosters paying players to attend a school. That case is about companies paying parties, often not even the student, to steer them toward a business relationship with a shoe company. The only similarity is that college players are getting paid.

As for the hypocrisy - while every school may be helping its players in some way, not everyone is being stupid about it. You have to at least help the sport with its willful ignorance. Ole Miss was flaunting it.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: hea Patterson details scope of Ole Miss deception in lengthy letter to Michigan

As I see it, the FBI thing with BBall has nothing to do with schools or boosters paying players to attend a school. That case is about companies paying parties, often not even the student, to steer them toward a business relationship with a shoe company. The only similarity is that college players are getting paid.
You are correct. These cases (basketball being the only legit one) do not seem to be very comparable in their f
As for the hypocrisy - while every school may be helping its players in some way, not everyone is being stupid about it. You have to at least help the sport with its willful ignorance. Ole Miss was flaunting it.
The best analogy for this continues to be speeding. Most schools are going 5-10 over the speed limit. Ole Miss came flying through the police checkpoint going 30 over while hanging out the window.

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea

I believe the NCAA knows that if it ever admitted the depth of the hypocrisy, its legitimacy would cease to exist. In many respects, this has already happened.

Any time you have that much money involved, corruption is the inevitable result. As you said, some are a lot smarter at covering their tracks.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005

Whew, Chuck Oliver was blistering Ole Miss this afternoon, siting a decade worth of lying and cheating.

Rtr

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

I​ hope they beat Ohio State.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Patterson might just help them become the 3rd best team in the B1G 10 instead of the 4th best.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

I suspect B1G's boys will take care of Shea and Harbaugh....again.

Last edited:

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

LOL - keep on hoping. :biggrin:
I agree. But, they'll always have Paris. :pDT_jok:

Or, was it Rome? Doesn't matter. #ChampionsOfTravel

Last edited:

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011

Whew, Chuck Oliver was blistering Ole Miss this afternoon, siting a decade worth of lying and cheating.

Rtr
Hello Pot, meet Kettle.
Where did Chuck Oliver attend college?

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
I believe the NCAA knows that if it ever admitted the depth of the hypocrisy, its legitimacy would cease to exist. In many respects, this has already happened.

Any time you have that much money involved, corruption is the inevitable result. As you said, some are a lot smarter at covering their tracks.
Yep!
FWIW, Some people have known since the farcical mistreatment of UA back in 1994-5. Frankly, after the NZAA was exposed by Tommy Gallion back in the 00’s, I don’t know how Anyone could still imagine that corrupt syndicate has ANY credibility at all!!

Since then it’s been one sham after another: letting Ohio $tate off with a wrist slap in 2010; not even sanctioning the barn at all for the $200k signing bonus they paid for $cum KNEWton, giving U Miami a pass for a decade of Rampant Cheating; Johnny Sleazeball selling autographs; looking the other way at multi-decades of Cheating at UNC, etc., etc......

Oh!! But rest assured! The NZAA stands ready to lower the boom should any Alabama track athlete ever borrow an extra textbook again.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.