Tua's injury

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Small blurb.............goes something like this: "Tua dealing with a hand injury all spring, but it appears issue is worse than originally thought. He was seen last week with his hand was in a cast, making it appear he had undergone a procedure.............if you look closely, it appears he is sitting in some sort of wheelchair.......which would be a standard procedure for any patient after surgery".............

Its the AJC...........they like drama. If I can find the exact quote I will post it............
yep, the ajc has long been the megaphone trying to cast georgia as a national powerhouse with a championship tradition. after the white house visit their headline was something to the effect of "georgia gets praise from president at alabama white house visit." the "praise" was the president saying "alabama played a great team"

the ajc plays, and has played for a long time, a large part in the ongoing and continued delusion of the uga fanbase.

Last edited:

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
Here is an image with an outline of the palm and fingers illustrating what Shaggy is saying here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OK. I am an idiot. Took me a while to realize the bone in question is actually not in what we consider the fingers, but actually below the first knuckle. In the first pic that highlighted the broken bone in red, it sure looked like a finger bone, but on closer look, those would be some really long fingers with no palm to speak of. I was sitting there looking at it going "wait, do I just have less finger bones than everyone else?" This last picture here made me look at it and think a bit more clearly.

shaggy

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 21, 2001
Hoover
Yeah, the metacarpophalangeal joint (MCP for short) is what we usually call our knuckles. So it's sorta the bone between the wrist and the knuckle of the index finger. Should heal fine even with a second incident causing a setback.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yeah, the metacarpophalangeal joint (MCP for short) is what we usually call our knuckles. So it's sorta the bone between the wrist and the knuckle of the index finger. Should heal fine even with a second incident causing a setback.
Thanks. I didn't look closely enough at the image. That one should heal easily. Anything but the scaphoid bone. I broke that once and it took six months to heal. It has the poorest blood circulation of any bone in the body, excluding the hip. BTW, every time I saw Tua, he was up and talking on the sidelines. The AJC must have had a reporter there who saw him in a wheelchair...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Thanks. I didn't look closely enough at the image. That one should heal easily. Anything but the scaphoid bone. I broke that once and it took six months to heal. It has the poorest blood circulation of any bone in the body, excluding the hip. BTW, every time I saw Tua, he was up and talking on the sidelines. The AJC must have had a reporter there who saw him in a wheelchair...
I wouldn't trust the AJC to tell me it was morning at 8:00AM

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Yup, that’s a tough bone to he’s. My son fractured his and it took 12 weeks in a hard cast, 3 weeks in a brace, and 3 weeks PT before he could resume sports.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yup, that’s a tough bone to he’s. My son fractured his and it took 12 weeks in a hard cast, 3 weeks in a brace, and 3 weeks PT before he could resume sports.

A friend of mine, son of a former UA BOT member, broke it and got misdiagnosed. He struggled on for months, even went skiing with it. Pain finally drove him back in and he had developed gangrene in it. He had to have a bone graft from his hip in order to finally heal the bone...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.