Tua's injury

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Saw a picture a couple of days ago of him....not at practice...but the hand was heavily wrapped.

Supposedly he instinctively dove for a lose ball in practice and got up shaking his hand. All I've heard/read about it.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Saw a picture a couple of days ago of him....not at practice...but the hand was heavily wrapped.

Supposedly he instinctively dove for a lose ball in practice and got up shaking his hand. All I've heard/read about it.
Apparently the wrap was gone yesterday and he was doing drills gripping a ball but no throwing. Saban said that his status hasn't changed and he is "out."

It seems a little odd (but also very Saban) that they haven't explicitly said that he is out for A day but it sounds like he will be. My guess is they haven't said that because there is either an off chance he takes a few snaps or they don't want attendance to drop because of it. But thats just me making stuff up it could also just be Saban being Saban.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Apparently the wrap was gone yesterday and he was doing drills gripping a ball but no throwing. Saban said that his status hasn't changed and he is "out."

It seems a little odd (but also very Saban) that they haven't explicitly said that he is out for A day but it sounds like he will be. My guess is they haven't said that because there is either an off chance he takes a few snaps or they don't want attendance to drop because of it. But thats just me making stuff up it could also just be Saban being Saban.
he is out for the spring. Saban spoke on that earlier this week.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I questioned the wisdom of his practicing after the first break and surgery. I question it even more in retrospect...
Me too Earl. It was the perfect gift "from on High" for CNS to just sit Jalen for the Spring with a minor injury to his throwing hand. Tua could have still been engaged in the practices and film work but just help out altogether and the Jalen/Tua comparison could have been put off to the fall.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
I questioned the wisdom of his practicing after the first break and surgery. I question it even more in retrospect...
I would think it was one of those deals where they decided if he did re-injure it that he wouldn't do any further damage. Probably decided if he could handle the discomfort/pain that it would be up to him.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I would think it was one of those deals where they decided if he did re-injure it that he wouldn't do any further damage. Probably decided if he could handle the discomfort/pain that it would be up to him.
I sincerely hope you're right, although it flies in the face of most of what I know about hand injuries...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
A QB's hand is like the hand of a musician or surgeon. No chances should be taken with it. In fact, it should be insured. QBs have been put out of the NFL with nagging hand injuries...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.