2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) commits to UGA - Page 2
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    Kirby is going to run out of lies to tell or get caught up in things he said on the recruiting trail about uga. There is a reason him and Saban are only professional. Uga can try all they want to get involved with clay but it won’t help.
    I am in no way, shape, or fashion anything approaching being an insider when it comes to this stuff, but if what was reported to have transpired at Kirby`s departure was close to accurate, then we know his character ( or lack thereof ). In light of that, one can only deduce that he`s a proponent of the " all`s fair " philosophy when it come to recruiting. He`d just better parlay all that talent into a national championship in the next 2-3 years. No way of knowing of course but I strongly suspect that he wouldn`t want to have to depend on a recommendation from CNS for another job. Then again, CNS may well be a better Christian than I am.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC

Kirby is going to run out of lies to tell or get caught up in things he said on the recruiting trail about uga. There is a reason him and Saban are only professional. Uga can try all they want to get involved with clay but it won’t help.
    I think Bama gets him.............and Kirby will eventually reap what he has sown, because there are quite a few coaches out there who will use his tactics against him. Clemson, USC, UT and UF will start working on him hard

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    I am in no way, shape, or fashion anything approaching being an insider when it comes to this stuff, but if what was reported to have transpired at Kirby`s departure was close to accurate, then we know his character ( or lack thereof ). In light of that, one can only deduce that he`s a proponent of the " all`s fair " philosophy when it come to recruiting. He`d just better parlay all that talent into a national championship in the next 2-3 years. No way of knowing of course but I strongly suspect that he wouldn`t want to have to depend on a recommendation from CNS for another job. Then again, CNS may well be a better Christian than I am.
    Recruiting is a cutthroat business and the "all's fair" philosophy exists just about everywhere except for Bama and I'm pretty sure it exists somewhat at Bama. Kirby did not do things the right way when he left and he has to be looked at as the ultimate enemy.

BamaNation All-American

Here's hoping Clay wasn't beguiled during his recent visit to UGA.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    I was going to root for Kirby until he pulled his crap with Maurice Smith and then the talk about what he done when he left as well. Now, I could care less if he wins 1 game much less hoping he does good. I hope he loses every game like I hope for the barn.
    I need you out there slinging coconuts and pineapples!

BamaNation Second Team

Wow, a lot of Kirby hating these days! Did you guys honestly think he was going to roll over for Bama on the recruiting trail once he became a head coach somewhere else?

Not at all... we just thought that after all of the years at The Capstone he would have maintained some of the class that he showed while here...He let that go before he even got out the door...SMH...
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    Wow, a lot of Kirby hating these days! Did you guys honestly think he was going to roll over for Bama on the recruiting trail once he became a head coach somewhere else?

BamaNation All-American

Certainly would not expect him or anyone else leaving for a head coaching position to "roll over ". Having said that, not rolling over and not being a snake are not mutually exclusive. And before you ask me to what I`m referring, please do some homework regarding what transpired at the time of his departure.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar

OK, guys relax on Webb.
    the kid will be in Crimson soon enough. he will commit when he is ready. he said he will publicly commit around December, the early signing period.
    perhaps sooner, we shall see.

I know its seems far fetch to believe this, but many connected to the program have stated that Webb " actually recruits for Bama" more so than the ones already committed.

he went to Georgia for the Atlanta camp where he dominated, only one DE got passed him. Webb is a stud and the 5 star label is legit!
    he has family in Athens so he stopped by to see them as well.

last thing, don't buy the false rumors about his parents educational background. both parents are from Alabama and graduated from JSU not UGA!

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    Not at all... we just thought that after all of the years at The Capstone he would have maintained some of the class that he showed while here...He let that go before he even got out the door...SMH...
    I'm not familiar with what Kirby did before he left Bama. I heard something about copying a board or something, but is there any real evidence of was it the machinations of a press corp that likes to drum up fake news?

If you think about this logically and also follow what recruits say about their discussions with Kirby Smart, these accusations seem baseless. Georgia has phenomenal academics, superb academic support staff, Top 5 sports facilities and is located in the Top 2 best college towns in America. Why would Kirby Smart waste his time telling recruits that Saban is going to retire soon? It makes no sense.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    OK, guys relax on Webb.
    the kid will be in Crimson soon enough. he will commit when he is ready. he said he will publicly commit around December, the early signing period.
    perhaps sooner, we shall see.

I know its seems far fetch to believe this, but many connected to the program have stated that Webb " actually recruits for Bama" more so than the ones already committed.

he went to Georgia for the Atlanta camp where he dominated, only one DE got passed him. Webb is a stud and the 5 star label is legit!
    he has family in Athens so he stopped by to see them as well.

last thing, don't buy the false rumors about his parents educational background. both parents are from Alabama and graduated from JSU not UGA!
    Webb also attended G-Day.

You read this board. You know exactly what I'm talking about. Not going to appease you any further. He was great here, he has an opportunity to be great at UGA. Not sure why you'd burn bridges with your mentor and arguably the best coach in CFB history...and enough of the "fake news." Find your own gimmick...RTR!
    I'm not familiar with what Kirby did before he left Bama. I heard something about copying a board or something, but is there any real evidence of was it the machinations of a press corp that likes to drum up fake news?

If you think about this logically and also follow what recruits say about their discussions with Kirby Smart, these accusations seem baseless. Georgia has phenomenal academics, superb academic support staff, Top 5 sports facilities and is located in the Top 2 best college towns in America. Why would Kirby Smart waste his time telling recruits that Saban is going to retire soon? It makes no sense.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar

Webb also attended G-Day.
    I am aware. Prior to G Day, he visited Tuscaloosa 2x in a week.