2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) commits to UGA - Page 3
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 212
  1. #27
    REC | FB | BB Moderator RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    37,382
    Thread Starter

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    I'm not familiar with what Kirby did before he left Bama. I heard something about copying a board or something, but is there any real evidence of was it the machinations of a press corp that likes to drum up fake news?

    If you think about this logically and also follow what recruits say about their discussions with Kirby Smart, these accusations seem baseless. Georgia has phenomenal academics, superb academic support staff, Top 5 sports facilities and is located in the Top 2 best college towns in America. Why would Kirby Smart waste his time telling recruits that Saban is going to retire soon? It makes no sense.
    Because a recruit is going to tell a reporter "Yeah, Saban and Alabama claim I'm high on their board, but Coach Smart showed me the picture of the board. I know where Alabama really has me."
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  2. Advertisement
  3. #28
    FB|BB Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Burbs of Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    4,488

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    I'm not familiar with what Kirby did before he left Bama. I heard something about copying a board or something, but is there any real evidence of was it the machinations of a press corp that likes to drum up fake news?

    If you think about this logically and also follow what recruits say about their discussions with Kirby Smart, these accusations seem baseless. Georgia has phenomenal academics, superb academic support staff, Top 5 sports facilities and is located in the Top 2 best college towns in America. Why would Kirby Smart waste his time telling recruits that Saban is going to retire soon? It makes no sense.
    Mr. Trump? Izzatchoo? I didnít know you were a Georgia fan.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

  4. #29
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    241

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    You read this board. You know exactly what I'm talking about. Not going to appease you any further. He was great here, he has an opportunity to be great at UGA. Not sure why you'd burn bridges with your mentor and arguably the best coach in CFB history...and enough of the "fake news." Find your own gimmick...RTR!
    I went back and reread the AL.com story. I'm not buying it - unsubstantiated at best and sour grapes at worst. Having said that, I don't think you guys have anything to worry about concerning Webb. I think he's all Crimson Tide. You'll be getting a good one too.

  5. #30
    BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    4,536

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    I'm not familiar with what Kirby did before he left Bama. I heard something about copying a board or something, but is there any real evidence of was it the machinations of a press corp that likes to drum up fake news?

    If you think about this logically and also follow what recruits say about their discussions with Kirby Smart, these accusations seem baseless. Georgia has phenomenal academics, superb academic support staff, Top 5 sports facilities and is located in the Top 2 best college towns in America. Why would Kirby Smart waste his time telling recruits that Saban is going to retire soon? It makes no sense.
    According to these websites, Athens is far from Top 2. in fact, I needed to go through the list at least twice to see if my eyes were deceiving me.

    here are the results:

    https://www.bestcollegereviews.org/5...towns-america/ no where to be found
    http://www.businessinsider.com/best-...america-2016-7 no where to be found
    http://www.collegeranker.com/feature...college-towns/ # 17 on this website
    https://articles.niche.com/best-college-towns/ no where to be found
    http://www.collegerank.net/best-college-towns/ # 10 on this website
    https://livability.com/top-10/college no where to be found

    please give me a source that can back up your claim. go back to 2017 if you have to.

  6. #31
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    241

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Because a recruit is going to tell a reporter "Yeah, Saban and Alabama claim I'm high on their board, but Coach Smart showed me the picture of the board. I know where Alabama really has me."
    This mule is flogged, dead and the bones are turning to dust... HOWEVER, where's the evidence? Did anyone see Kirby taking a picture of the board? Answer: NO. There's just speculation. Do you honestly think he needed a photograph of the Bama board to know where these players were ranked? He'd been staring at it for months, not to mention contributing to it based on the players he was recruiting. UGA's class was 85%+ complete by the time Kirby came into the picture. His primary focus after leaving Bama was preventing Jacob Eason from going to Florida or Washington. I think all this gnashing of teeth over Kirby Smart makes you guys look petty and small. You're better than that!

  7. #32
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    241

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    According to these websites, Athens is far from Top 2. in fact, I needed to go through the list at least twice to see if my eyes were deceiving me.

    here are the results:

    https://www.bestcollegereviews.org/5...towns-america/ no where to be found
    http://www.businessinsider.com/best-...america-2016-7 no where to be found
    http://www.collegeranker.com/feature...college-towns/ # 17 on this website
    https://articles.niche.com/best-college-towns/ no where to be found
    http://www.collegerank.net/best-college-towns/ # 10 on this website
    https://livability.com/top-10/college no where to be found

    please give me a source that can back up your claim. go back to 2017 if you have to.
    Does this work?
    https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nat...own-in-america

  8. #33
    BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    5,321

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    Wow, a lot of Kirby hating these days! Did you guys honestly think he was going to roll over for Bama on the recruiting trail once he became a head coach somewhere else?
    It's about class. It's about meaning the words you say and being the proper example for the young men you're coaching. Nobody here has really cared about smart weighing on the recruiting trails until they found out he was doing it without class.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

  9. #34
    BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    4,536

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    you went back to 2014 ?? I gave some lead way with 2017. we are talking about the current status of Athens.
    I am sure Athens is a great college town and somewhere in the Top 50 range.

  10. #35
    BamaNation All-SEC CraigD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbus, GA
    Posts
    1,829

    2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    This mule is flogged, dead and the bones are turning to dust... HOWEVER, where's the evidence? Did anyone see Kirby taking a picture of the board? Answer: NO. There's just speculation. Do you honestly think he needed a photograph of the Bama board to know where these players were ranked?
    Seriously? Youíre going to require that someone has a picture of or was an eyewitness to Kirby taking a picture of the board before you will believe that it happened? Do you really think Kirby would stand there with his arms outstretched and his phone in his hand with anyone else around while he takes a picture of the recruiting board? Of course not! He would wait until no one else was around to take the picture. Therefore it is not likely that anyone else saw him do it, if in fact it did happen. For the record: I was not there did not see it happen.

    Also, canít you see that it would be more persuasive to a recruit to show them a picture of where that recruit stands on the Bama board compared to simply telling them where they are on Bamaís recruiting board? Thatís the value of why he might have done it.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #36
    BamaNation First Team The Ols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cumming,Ga.
    Posts
    989

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Once again he's trolling. Not his first rodeo. Giving him more feedback than we should. I'm done. ByeByte...RTR!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigD View Post
    Seriously? You’re going to require that someone has a picture of or was an eyewitness to Kirby taking a picture of the board before you will believe that it happened? Do you really think Kirby would stand there with his arms outstretched and his phone in his hand with anyone else around while he takes a picture of the recruiting board? Of course not! He would wait until no one else was around to take the picture. Therefore it is not likely that anyone else saw him do it, if in fact it did happen. For the record: I was not there did not see it happen.

    Also, can’t you see that it would be more persuasive to a recruit to show them a picture of where that recruit stands on the Bama board compared to simply telling them where they are on Bama’s recruiting board? That’s the value of why he might have done it.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #37
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    20,822

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    I understand why a GA fan would back his head coach who is also a GA grad and former player. For me, the stuff with the recruits doesn't bother me as much as what he did with Smith. He was clearly tampering with a player on another team - convincing him that he would start at GA immediately so he would transfer. Without the tampering, Smith stays at Alabama.

  13. #38
    BamaNation All-SEC CraigD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbus, GA
    Posts
    1,829

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Got it. Disengaging.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #39
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    1,593

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I understand why a GA fan would back his head coach who is also a GA grad and former player. For me, the stuff with the recruits doesn't bother me as much as what he did with Smith. He was clearly tampering with a player on another team - convincing him that he would start at GA immediately so he would transfer. Without the tampering, Smith stays at Alabama.
    And all the while, refusing to let players transfer to Miami who wanted to play for Richt

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 

[CLICK] GET BAMA Calendar

TideFansStore.com: Get YOUR gear!