2019 Prospect: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) commits to UGA

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

I believe Webb is a Bama lean, but he's keeping his cards close to the vest, so nobody really knows. Regarding the issue of why it's taking him so long... based on what I've read he has strong 'likes' in different areas of each of the Top 3 programs. The only thing holding Georgia in there that I'm aware of is Clay's strong relationship with Coach Sam Pittman.
Well written post that contributes to the overall conversation...TY...RTR!!!
Ols is exactly right.

I know nothing about Webb's preference, and so have no opinion as to his leanings. I hope he ends up in Tuscaloosa, but that's a fan speaking with no factual foundation whatsoever.

Your information about his relationship with Pittman is relevant, and the kind of thing we value on TideFans.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I don’t believe anyone is slamming him. Several said they believed he had been a Bama fan and/or that he was leaning towards Bama. It just seems that if (big IF) that is true he should have strong motivation to not delay his announcement. That motivation being to help the coaches surround him with other talent, rather than spending their time continuing to recruit him.
This is a big part of the recruiting process and coaches expect it with high profile players. The coaches motivation at this point is to sign the guy no matter the circumstance or how hard they have to work for it.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

We fans have a hard time believing any recruit would turn down our school. However, everyone has different preferences and desires...most of them are subconscious, unknown even to the player.

Never rip a player for going somewhere else...it's their life and their decision. Just Be Thankful and cheer for those who come to Bama.

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

We fans have a hard time believing any recruit would turn down our school. However, everyone has different preferences and desires...most of them are subconscious, unknown even to the player.

Never rip a player for going somewhere else...it's their life and their decision. Just Be Thankful and cheer for those who come to Bama.
You`re right of course Padre, I guess it`s just that coming to Alabama with CNS and his staffs is such an obvious entre into the NFL that it`s hard to understand. That`s provided, of course, that playing in the league is a kid`s ultimate goal.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia

Not sure how reliable/up to date 24/7 Sports is, but looking at Webb’s profile show no visits so far. Maybe he knows where he is going and is content to stay mum.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Not sure how reliable/up to date 24/7 Sports is, but looking at Webb’s profile show no visits so far. Maybe he knows where he is going and is content to stay mum.
Well, he and what appears to be half of the civilized world ( recruit wise, anyway:smile:) are supposed to be in town this weekend. I`m assuming that`s his official to Alabama (? ).

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017

Who is Sam Pitman?
Sam Pittman is UGA's OL coach. He's a finalist for the Broyles Assistant Coach of the year award. He's a very unique character and recruits the old fashion way with hand written letters and things of that nature. He's apparently got a great sense of humor.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017

Is Pittman a candidate for a head coaching job in 2019?
That's a great question. From what I'm hearing Pittman is happy where he's at in terms of responsibility. I've heard nothing over the last three years that would indicate he wants to be a head coach. In fact word is he wants this to be his last stop.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.