2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) commits to UGA - Page 7
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 79 to 91 of 212
  1. #79
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,577

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Highway59 View Post
    Pretty much something along this line.....
    I have a T shirt with a pentagram with an elephant in the middle and " Hail Saban " printed underneath!!

  2. Advertisement
  3. #80
    BamaNation Second Team BearFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    53

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    He's on the list of attendees, so you can temporarily get off the ledge....
    If he is a true Bama fan, hopefully he has already given assurances to our coaches. If no assurances have been given, I donít understand why he would cause our coaches to expend much unnecessary energy to continue to recruit him. If I were him, and I planned all along to accept a Bama offer, I would want the coaches spending their time recruiting other great teammates for me.

  4. #81
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    20,822

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by BearFan View Post
    If he is a true Bama fan, hopefully he has already given assurances to our coaches. If no assurances have been given, I don’t understand why he would cause our coaches to expend much unnecessary energy to continue to recruit him. If I were him, and I planned all along to accept a Bama offer, I would want the coaches spending their time recruiting other great teammates for me.
    Ummm, if I was an Alabama fan and had a chance to play for Saban, I would have committed a long time ago. I think that it is fair to assume that anyone uncommitted at this time has decided not to let their "fandom" make this decision for them. Other factors will decide this for those who remain uncommitted right now.

  5. #82
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    1,593

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Ummm, if I was an Alabama fan and had a chance to play for Saban, I would have committed a long time ago. I think that it is fair to assume that anyone uncommitted at this time has decided not to let their "fandom" make this decision for them. Other factors will decide this for those who remain uncommitted right now.
    Some just like the experience of
    taking the visits........ me, I would
    commit on the spot
    Last edited by Keeter; November 21st, 2018 at 10:52 AM.

  6. #83
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,577

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by BearFan View Post
    If he is a true Bama fan, hopefully he has already given assurances to our coaches. If no assurances have been given, I donít understand why he would cause our coaches to expend much unnecessary energy to continue to recruit him. If I were him, and I planned all along to accept a Bama offer, I would want the coaches spending their time recruiting other great teammates for me.
    Kind of sums up how I feel. I don`t know if Clay`s taken all of his official visits. If he hasn`t, then I suppose I could understand if he`s truly " undecided ". IMHO, any kid that has completed official visits, in the majority of cases, in all likelihood knows where he wants to go at this stage,

  7. #84
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    214

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Exactly. At this point you do nothing to three teams except hurt two of them because you can not make up your mind and they save a spot for you.
    Last edited by Jkl0802; November 21st, 2018 at 10:10 AM. Reason: A second clause

  8. #85
    REC | FB | BB Moderator RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    37,382
    Thread Starter

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Really guys? There's more to recruiting than fandom and Saban being the GOAT.

    Thankfully Quinnen and Rashan didn't puck a school based on their fandom.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  9. #86
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    1,593

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Really guys? There's more to recruiting than fandom and Saban being the GOAT.

    Thankfully Quinnen and Rashan didn't puck a school based on their fandom.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Saban is the closer, and I think he lands this one as well......

  10. #87
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    171

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Jkl0802 View Post
    Exactly. At this point you do nothing to three teams except hurt two of them because you can not make up your mind and they save a spot for you.
    This is the time, for the kids, it can be about them, also we do not know what may have happened behind the scenes. He could have easily told the other two to move on, does not seem to be the case here. There are very few, if any instances with elite programs where one recruit will break them.
    I am not going to cry for the universities, it is part of recruiting, gambling. Better have your backups sorted out.

  11. #88
    REC | FB | BB Moderator RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    37,382
    Thread Starter

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by UAllday View Post
    I am not going to cry for the universities, it is part of recruiting, gambling. Better have your backups sorted out.
    Exactly.

    I know of a kid that received a call from a SEC assistant the morning of NSD asking him to wait until said school heard from another recruit. He politely told the coach to take a hike.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  12. #89
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    241

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    I believe Webb is a Bama lean, but he's keeping his cards close to the vest, so nobody really knows. Regarding the issue of why it's taking him so long... based on what I've read he has strong 'likes' in different areas of each of the Top 3 programs. The only thing holding Georgia in there that I'm aware of is Clay's strong relationship with Coach Sam Pittman.

  13. #90
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    214

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Who is Sam Pitman?

  14. #91
    BamaNation First Team The Ols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cumming,Ga.
    Posts
    989

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Well written post that contributes to the overall conversation...TY...RTR!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    I believe Webb is a Bama lean, but he's keeping his cards close to the vest, so nobody really knows. Regarding the issue of why it's taking him so long... based on what I've read he has strong 'likes' in different areas of each of the Top 3 programs. The only thing holding Georgia in there that I'm aware of is Clay's strong relationship with Coach Sam Pittman.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 

[CLICK] GET BAMA Calendar

TideFansStore.com: Get YOUR gear!