2019 Prospect: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) commits to UGA

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

That's a great question. From what I'm hearing Pittman is happy where he's at in terms of responsibility. I've heard nothing over the last three years that would indicate he wants to be a head coach. In fact word is he wants this to be his last stop.
good job on getting him but miller is better imo Webb imo has peaked. Saban took Dalcourt over Webb. I think pittman is more likely to OC or NFL at this point. I'll take Neal and call a great OL class

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017

I'll be very interested to see if Webb plays Center. We lose our starter next year.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Refusing to play the position that has garnered you national attention is confusing. I didn't know they made primadonna linemen.

Good luck in your endeavors, unless you happen to be attempting to block the Crimson Tide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017

good job on getting him but miller is better imo Webb imo has peaked. Saban took Dalcourt over Webb. I think pittman is more likely to OC or NFL at this point. I'll take Neal and call a great OL class
Miller is coming on campus next week, according to one source I saw this morning. FWIW, there's no way of telling whether Webb has peaked. He owned the Opening last summer at Nike and did not get downgraded following his senior season.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Miller is coming on campus next week, according to one source I saw this morning. FWIW, there's no way of telling whether Webb has peaked. He owned the Opening last summer at Nike and did not get downgraded following his senior season.
thats bull go watch film Ika and ish owned him and bogle. Dont pull that crap here. you want to rah rah go find the Georgia board. I tell it like I see it. Many people say he's regressed. Saban never went in home tells you how he feels about Webb

Last edited:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

I thought I read somewhere that Webb moved to Alabama but his family was from Georgia.
Webb's mother and entire family is from Georgia. They're only here because his mother got a teaching job at JSU. He HAS NO TIES to the state of Alabama other than being born in the state.
It's not like he grew up a die hard Bama fan rooting for the Tide.
good luck to the kid. I am more excited that we now have another spot opening up for more pressing needs in the class!

Last edited:

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011

And you are here why? I think we know. Enjoy the Sugar Bowl against a 4 loss Texas.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

thats bull go watch film Ika and ish owned him and bogle. Dont pull that crap here. you want to rah rah go find the Georgia board. I tell it like I see it. Many people say he's regressed. Saban never went in home tells you how he feels about Webb
Agreed. Saban and staff did not spend more time than they needed to on Webb. they are now focusing on the rest of this EPIC class.
DLs, LBs, and RBs are priorities. the secondary haul with additions of Hill and Carter just became legendary!

Webb's mother and entire family is from Georgia. They're only here because his mother got a teaching job at JSU. He HAS NO TIES to the state of Alabama other than being born in the state.
It's not like he grew up a die hard Bama fan rooting for the Tide.
good luck to the kid. I am more excited that we now have another spot opening up for more pressing needs in the class!
Now it makes sense. I think the staff saw this coming.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

And you are here why? I think we know. Enjoy the Sugar Bowl against a 4 loss Texas.
Dont get me wrong im glad to share the board but when you watch the opening film and Webb looks like he's on skates and trying a wrestling hold on ish isnt owning the opening.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I don't think this was really shocking news to anyone who has followed his recruiting. I am just glad we are not in the situation any longer where missing on a kid like this would have been a huge blow to our recruiting class. Now days if we miss on a guy like this we just look at it like the poster above stated, congratulate him and move on.

Last edited:

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I don't think this was really shocking news to anyone who has followed his recruiting. I am just glad we are not in the situation any longer where missing on a kid like this would have been a huge blow to our recruiting class. Now days if we miss on a guy like this we just look at it like the poster above stated, congratulate him and move on.
Very true...he needed us more than we needed him...we will just fill that slot with another top OL and keep on moving...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
GA fans crowing about taking the best player in the state of Alabama. I hear that he wants to play tackle. Good luck with this guy, GA fans. :biggrin:

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
GA fans crowing about taking the best player in the state of Alabama. I hear that he wants to play tackle. Good luck with this guy, GA fans. :biggrin:
It's a very rare occurrence for anyone other than Bama to land a #1 player from the State of Alabama. I think over the last 15 years Bama has produced 21 5*'s and the Tide have inked 16. That's an incredible record. FWIW, the plan is for Webb to play Guard until he learns the offense and line calls, then slide over to Center.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.