2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) commits to UGA - Page 8
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 92 to 104 of 212
  1. #92
    REC | FB | BB Moderator RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    37,431
    Thread Starter

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Jkl0802 View Post
    Who is Sam Pitman?
    Georgia OL coach


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  2. Advertisement
  3. #93
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    8,285

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Really guys? There's more to recruiting than fandom and Saban being the GOAT.

    Thankfully Quinnen and Rashan didn't puck a school based on their fandom.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Exactly. We typically get who we want especially in-state but picking at a kid because he has not made up his mind is ridiculous. This is one of the most important decisions he will make and he certainly has the right to take his time to make a decision. I think he eventually signs with us but if he does not that is OK and will hold nothing against him.

  4. #94
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    20,827

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    Exactly. We typically get who we want especially in-state but picking at a kid because he has not made up his mind is ridiculous. This is one of the most important decisions he will make and he certainly has the right to take his time to make a decision. I think he eventually signs with us but if he does not that is OK and will hold nothing against him.
    Yep - but you are going to have to explain to me why a top lineman who already loves Alabama would choose to go anywhere other than Alabama. Fandom aside, there is no other place that offers him the same chance of making the NFL - not even close.

    I get that fandom and coaching relationships can muddy the water when a player wants to go one place but another school would clearly better prepare him for the NFL, but that is not the case here. Here, both align. This one just makes no sense to me, but kids are kids.

  5. #95
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,884

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    I believe Webb is a Bama lean, but he's keeping his cards close to the vest, so nobody really knows. Regarding the issue of why it's taking him so long... based on what I've read he has strong 'likes' in different areas of each of the Top 3 programs. The only thing holding Georgia in there that I'm aware of is Clay's strong relationship with Coach Sam Pittman.
    Hmmm. Well, a relationship with an assist coach doesn't sound like enough reason to pick a school if no other reason is given (Academic Support, Career Opportunities, Major, Tradition, etc...).

  6. #96
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    8,285

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Yep - but you are going to have to explain to me why a top lineman who already loves Alabama would choose to go anywhere other than Alabama. Fandom aside, there is no other place that offers him the same chance of making the NFL - not even close.

    I get that fandom and coaching relationships can muddy the water when a player wants to go one place but another school would clearly better prepare him for the NFL, but that is not the case here. Here, both align. This one just makes no sense to me, but kids are kids.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly. Just saying there is no need to be slamming the kid for not making his decision already.

  7. #97
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,155

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    I have no personal knowledge but my impression was the he was not a Bama fan. In fact, if he leaned anywhere it was to AU. He has a good relationship with Pierce Quick who is a strong Bama fan. Anyway, if someone actually knows for sure that Webb is a strong Bama fan, please speak up.

  8. #98
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    20,827

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    I agree with you wholeheartedly. Just saying there is no need to be slamming the kid for not making his decision already.
    Totally agree, and I apologize if I came off that way. Heck, I wouldn't slam him if he chose a school other than Alabama (well, maybe if he joins UM ).

  9. #99
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    TenerC
    Posts
    5,258

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    The kid will decide to go where he chooses. Of course, would love his choice be Bama but if not, that's OK. Maybe the potential for extreme competition is a bit daunting for him. Being as highly rated as he is, I doubt that is the case. From all reports, he is one of the best OL in the country. If all things are equal between his potential teams, think of his family who will not have such a long commute to games if he chooses Bama. Family first.
    Manchester City 2017-2018 English Premier League Champions & Carabou Cup Winners
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

  10. #100
    BamaNation Second Team BearFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    53

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    I agree with you wholeheartedly. Just saying there is no need to be slamming the kid for not making his decision already.
    I donít believe anyone is slamming him. Several said they believed he had been a Bama fan and/or that he was leaning towards Bama. It just seems that if (big IF) that is true he should have strong motivation to not delay his announcement. That motivation being to help the coaches surround him with other talent, rather than spending their time continuing to recruit him.

  11. #101
    FB|BB Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Burbs of Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    4,490

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    I believe Webb is a Bama lean, but he's keeping his cards close to the vest, so nobody really knows. Regarding the issue of why it's taking him so long... based on what I've read he has strong 'likes' in different areas of each of the Top 3 programs. The only thing holding Georgia in there that I'm aware of is Clay's strong relationship with Coach Sam Pittman.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    Well written post that contributes to the overall conversation...TY...RTR!!!
    Ols is exactly right.

    I know nothing about Webb's preference, and so have no opinion as to his leanings. I hope he ends up in Tuscaloosa, but that's a fan speaking with no factual foundation whatsoever.

    Your information about his relationship with Pittman is relevant, and the kind of thing we value on TideFans.
    Last edited by 4Q Basket Case; November 21st, 2018 at 09:12 PM.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

  12. #102
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    8,285

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by BearFan View Post
    I don’t believe anyone is slamming him. Several said they believed he had been a Bama fan and/or that he was leaning towards Bama. It just seems that if (big IF) that is true he should have strong motivation to not delay his announcement. That motivation being to help the coaches surround him with other talent, rather than spending their time continuing to recruit him.
    This is a big part of the recruiting process and coaches expect it with high profile players. The coaches motivation at this point is to sign the guy no matter the circumstance or how hard they have to work for it.

  13. #103
    BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Posts
    2,680

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    We fans have a hard time believing any recruit would turn down our school. However, everyone has different preferences and desires...most of them are subconscious, unknown even to the player.

    Never rip a player for going somewhere else...it's their life and their decision. Just Be Thankful and cheer for those who come to Bama.
    Last edited by Padreruf; November 22nd, 2018 at 08:30 AM. Reason: grammar
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

  14. #104
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,579

    Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Padreruf View Post
    We fans have a hard time believing any recruit would turn down our school. However, everyone has different preferences and desires...most of them are subconscious, unknown even to the player.

    Never rip a player for going somewhere else...it's their life and their decision. Just Be Thankful and cheer for those who come to Bama.
    You`re right of course Padre, I guess it`s just that coming to Alabama with CNS and his staffs is such an obvious entre into the NFL that it`s hard to understand. That`s provided, of course, that playing in the league is a kid`s ultimate goal.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 

[CLICK] GET BAMA Calendar

TideFansStore.com: Get YOUR gear!