2019 Prospect: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) commits to UGA

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
As for next year's line ... Is it just me or does Wills appear to have quicker feet than Leatherwood?
Wills is better in every way than Leatherwood. If Tua were a lefty, Wills would probably move to LT next year. I think that he will stay at RT to continue his great work protecting Tua's blind side. Wills is your next Outland winner, IMO.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Wills is better in every way than Leatherwood. If Tua were a lefty, Wills would probably move to LT next year. I think that he will stay at RT to continue his great work protecting Tua's blind side. Wills is your next Outland winner, IMO.
Willis is an absolute beast. He is flat out nasty.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Yes, but as Lizard stated we have Ekior (sp) who was the #1 or #2 center in the '18 class. I believe Owens from TX could be our next one but I trust we will find a dominating best five.
Ekiyor is a massive interior lineman. I think he's the center of the future or maybe Hunter Brannon who is still being molded in the program.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Maybe next year is when a younger lineman like Kendall Randolph can make an impact. He was forgotten about in the 2017 class but he's good.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I haven't, but he is going to have to work his way up the depth chart.
I get your overall sentiment, but he's a true freshman and looks to be redshirting this year. It's not like he's finishing up his third or fourth year on campus.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I get your overall sentiment, but he's a true freshman and looks to be redshirting this year. It's not like he's finishing up his third or fourth year on campus.
Sorry, I thought we were talking about next year's starters. He is not one. That was my only point. But I think that he will be great when his time comes.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Good luck to the young man commiting to Jawja. I guess he didn't want to be challenged, win championships, etc. Oh well.
In all seriousness, I think he just likes Sam Pittman. That's what he said and it seems to be the case. It's not about UGA or Kirby or Bama or Key, but Pittman.

One commitment can mean a lot, can indicate a trend. IMO, this one simply indicates a good recruiter who appeals especially to a kid who had no real leanings to begin with. While apparently a good player, he is not transcendent or at a pivotal position or a position of need for Alabama.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
In all seriousness, I think he just likes Sam Pittman. That's what he said and it seems to be the case. It's not about UGA or Kirby or Bama or Key, but Pittman.

One commitment can mean a lot, can indicate a trend. IMO, this one simply indicates a good recruiter who appeals especially to a kid who had no real leanings to begin with. While apparently a good player, he is not transcendent or at a pivotal position or a position of need for Alabama.
remember what they say in the recruiting game, don't ever commit to one particular coach but instead to a school. Webb better hope his bromance with Pittman will last for 3-4 years while he's in Athens.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.