2019 Prospect: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) commits to UGA

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
247 profile

Some of the 247 guys are talking like Webb could pull the trigger this weekend. Pierce Quick has been in his ear for over a year now.

And yes, the title is correct. He's a 5* football center (#11 player in the nation according to 247 composite).

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

247 profile

Some of the 247 guys are talking like Webb could pull the trigger this weekend. Pierce Quick has been in his ear for over a year now.

And yes, the title is correct. He's a 5* football center (#11 player in the nation according to 247 composite).
Dang, I really like the looks of that young man. Hope Bama gets him!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Heavyweight Wrestling State Champion to boot! I think we have had a good record of football/wrestler players at Alabama:

John Hannah
Davlin Tomlinson

;)
Agreed. Webb's body type is similar to Hannah's. The guy is as stout looking as they come.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001

Heavyweight Wrestling State Champion to boot! I think we have had a good record of football/wrestler players at Alabama:

John Hannah
Davlin Tomlinson

;)
Yes, and do you remember who played along side of Big John? Another All-SEC and All-Amercian -Jim Krapf! Four national prep wrestling titles with a record of 103-0! That's who this young Webb reminds me of.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Certainly don`t like that. I personally don`t want any of the guys we`re recruiting, much less a 5* in state prospect, anywhere near Kirby Smart. Don`t trust him at all. I`m beginning to wonder if he`s not something of a Svengali.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Certainly don`t like that. I personally don`t want any of the guys we`re recruiting, much less a 5* in state prospect, anywhere near Kirby Smart. Don`t trust him at all. I`m beginning to wonder if he`s not something of a Svengali.
Kirby is going to run out of lies to tell or get caught up in things he said on the recruiting trail about uga. There is a reason him and Saban are only professional. Uga can try all they want to get involved with clay but it won’t help.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Kirby is going to run out of lies to tell or get caught up in things he said on the recruiting trail about uga. There is a reason him and Saban are only professional. Uga can try all they want to get involved with clay but it won’t help.
I am in no way, shape, or fashion anything approaching being an insider when it comes to this stuff, but if what was reported to have transpired at Kirby`s departure was close to accurate, then we know his character ( or lack thereof ). In light of that, one can only deduce that he`s a proponent of the " all`s fair " philosophy when it come to recruiting. He`d just better parlay all that talent into a national championship in the next 2-3 years. No way of knowing of course but I strongly suspect that he wouldn`t want to have to depend on a recommendation from CNS for another job. Then again, CNS may well be a better Christian than I am.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

I think Bama gets him.............and Kirby will eventually reap what he has sown, because there are quite a few coaches out there who will use his tactics against him. Clemson, USC, UT and UF will start working on him hard

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I am in no way, shape, or fashion anything approaching being an insider when it comes to this stuff, but if what was reported to have transpired at Kirby`s departure was close to accurate, then we know his character ( or lack thereof ). In light of that, one can only deduce that he`s a proponent of the " all`s fair " philosophy when it come to recruiting. He`d just better parlay all that talent into a national championship in the next 2-3 years. No way of knowing of course but I strongly suspect that he wouldn`t want to have to depend on a recommendation from CNS for another job. Then again, CNS may well be a better Christian than I am.
Recruiting is a cutthroat business and the "all's fair" philosophy exists just about everywhere except for Bama and I'm pretty sure it exists somewhat at Bama. Kirby did not do things the right way when he left and he has to be looked at as the ultimate enemy.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I was going to root for Kirby until he pulled his crap with Maurice Smith and then the talk about what he done when he left as well. Now, I could care less if he wins 1 game much less hoping he does good. I hope he loses every game like I hope for the barn.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017

Wow, a lot of Kirby hating these days! Did you guys honestly think he was going to roll over for Bama on the recruiting trail once he became a head coach somewhere else?

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

Not at all... we just thought that after all of the years at The Capstone he would have maintained some of the class that he showed while here...He let that go before he even got out the door...SMH...
Wow, a lot of Kirby hating these days! Did you guys honestly think he was going to roll over for Bama on the recruiting trail once he became a head coach somewhere else?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.