Braxton Key Transferring from Alabama - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation All-American BamaHoosier's Avatar

Re: Braxton Key Transferring from Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by gamersfuel View Post
    may be a good spot for him. I think he's better suited for a slower pace of play such as VA. And of course it's close to home
    I read an article on this and I think you hit the nail on the head. Heís apparently got a ton of UVA connections. From what Iíve read he is related to Ralph Sampson, heís from VA, he was recruited very heavily by UVA in high school, but they had to stop when their class filled up. Apparently though heís still got a strong relationship with Bennett.

I canít imagine heíll play a ton there, but I hope it works out for him. Braxton seems like a good dude and I wish him well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Formerly BamaBomber

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

It's a good spot for him to land with. He'll sit a year, and play two. I've always thought that he was more of a settle down guy who likes to create his shots. believe it or not, he will compete for playing time and I think he'll find minutes.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation Scout Team

Quote Originally Posted by BamaHoosier View Post
    I read an article on this and I think you hit the nail on the head. Heís apparently got a ton of UVA connections. From what Iíve read he is related to Ralph Sampson, heís from VA, he was recruited very heavily by UVA in high school, but they had to stop when their class filled up. Apparently though heís still got a strong relationship with Bennett.

I canít imagine heíll play a ton there, but I hope it works out for him. Braxton seems like a good dude and I wish him well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    More specifically, Virginia quit recruiting him when De'Andre Hunter committed. They both possess similar size and skill sets. Hunter redshirted his first year, was on the ACC's All Freshmen team, and was the ACC's Sixth Man of the Year this past season. Much of the loss to UMBC can be attributed to Hunter's injury, IMO. Conventional wisdom says Hunter will enter next year's NBA draft, creating a spot for Key after he sits a year.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Key had a pretty impressive freshman season at Bama. He doesn't seem to get much credit for this; maybe some look at it as Bama not having other options that year.

His sophomore year was a little rough due to his injury as well as whatever issues he had with his fit on the team. He was coming through towards the end of the season.

If he puts in the work during his sit-out year, I think he'll be solid player for UVA as he would have been for Bama had he remained and put in the work during this off-season.

Key is actually from Nashville. He played here locally at Christ Presbyterian for former Vandy player Drew Maddox. He then transferred and played his senior year at Oak Hill. However, his profile on the UA website said he was born in Charlotte, NC. Interesting to find out his uncle is Ralph Sampson.
    "If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them." - As Candidus in the Boston Gazette, January 20, 1772

BamaNation All-American

There is no doubt he has talent, but he needs to work on his skills to play in the NBA. He turns the ball over too much and his shot is very inconsistent. He was good his freshman year, but that had as much to do with the talent around him as his own production. There just weren't many scoring options his freshman year. He was on a team where he had to share this year, and I don't think that settled well with him. If he works on his skills in his mandatory year to sit out, he has the potential to be an NBA talent, but he was not there this year for sure.

BamaNation All-American

Braxton would have to have some video game type development to make it to the NBA.. Hopefully he at least gets a shot overseas.