Braxton Key Transferring from Alabama

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I also feared this all along.

I am getting tired of this transferring crap. It is really putting a damper on the world of college basketball (at least for me).

I was listening on the radio the other day where a coach talked about having to have the resources now to go out and recruit transfers and the strain that is putting on the system. And obviously now it's getting into the world of college football. This crap is already getting old.

rtr

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I wrote this in another thread and I'll repeat it here, I'm not at all surprised because his body language was bad the entire season. He has a lot of potential but IMHO he thinks he is much further along in his development that he actually is. For him to declare for the draft last year, even though he ultimately came back, was an indication that he views himself much more highly than he should. Reading between the lines, it is apparent that he has people in his ear telling him things that are not true.

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
"Reading between the lines, it is apparent that he has people in his ear telling him things that are not true. "

This sounds highly likely.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Here is the updated roster:

1) AJjr - RSr
2) Norris - RSr (Could return with a medical redshirt)
3) Hall - Sr
4) Giddens - RJr
5) Ingram - RJr
6) Mack - RSo
7) Reese - So
8) Smith - So
9) Petty - So
10) Jones - So
11) Wood - Fr
12) Butler - Fr
13) Fleming - Fr

Unless I have missed someone it looks like Norris will have a spot if he gets his medical redshirt and chooses to return.

Last edited:

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I also feared this all along.

I am getting tired of this transferring crap. It is really putting a damper on the world of college basketball (at least for me).

I was listening on the radio the other day where a coach talked about having to have the resources now to go out and recruit transfers and the strain that is putting on the system. And obviously now it's getting into the world of college football. This crap is already getting old.

rtr
I still love college basketball but it has really gone downhill over the past 20-25 years. Players jumping to the NBA after only 1 season, transfers, horrible officiating, AAU killing the fundamentals, etc. have all worked together to make the sport a lot less enjoyable than it used to be.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Thanks for you solid contributions sir, much success wherever you land (as long as its not the Barn)

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
i figured Key would transfer. I dont think he likes his role with the team at all and he probably thinks he needs to be a top option to have a shot at the NBA.. Which isnt going to happen though.
He sure didn’t act like he wanted to be top option last year, turned into one of the most tentative players I’ve seen

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Disappointed but not surprised; agree with the posts regarding body language during the season.

Key was one of the most consistent players during the last 10 games or so. I think the injury set him back and put him in a slump for this past season.

He has a fairly unique combination of size and skill but is just a little slow. I was hoping he would put in hard work in strength and conditioning during this off-season and develop some explosiveness while sticking with Bama.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.