Ridiculous how many calls NBA stars get
    Suspended

Ridiculous how many calls NBA stars get

I'm working an OT gig, and stopped by a TV for about 5 minutes and watched a little of the Pacers-Cavs game. The officiating is horrendous. Lebron committed 3 violations in the short time I watched, and one travelling call that was missed was so bad I had to walk away.

Reminded me of one reason I quit following the NBA.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Ridiculous how many calls NBA stars get

they may get calls but NBA playoffs is awesome. It'll only get better after round 1

BamaNation All-American

The product bores me. Fantastic talent but awful fundamentals and poor shot selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    I'm working an OT gig, and stopped by a TV for about 5 minutes and watched a little of the Pacers-Cavs game. The officiating is horrendous. Lebron committed 3 violations in the short time I watched, and one travelling call that was missed was so bad I had to walk away.

It's very rare to see travelling called on anyone in the NBA. The NBA playoffs are a much better product than anything college hoops can produce IMO..

Quote Originally Posted by gamersfuel View Post
    they may get calls but NBA playoffs is awesome. It'll only get better after round 1
    Yep. Don't really watch much regular season but the NBA playoffs are must see for me..

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post

If that's one reason you quit following the NBA, why do you watch college basketball? The officiating is worse in college than it is in the NBA.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-American

The NBA is the best of the best. Even a team with zero chemistry if you watch closely such as OKC has some of the most impressive and crisp passing you will ever see at times. Their big man has hands better than most college guards. And they arent even considered to be one of the best passing teams in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by bamacpa View Post
    The product bores me. Fantastic talent but awful fundamentals and poor shot selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    It's very rare to see travelling called on anyone in the NBA. The NBA playoffs are a much better product than anything college hoops can produce IMO..
    I've seen them take 6 steps on a lay up, miss the lay up, then have the nerve to gripe about being fouled.
    "I just want you to know you've hired a horse---- football coach, but nobody will out-recruit me."

---Coach Saban to Mal Moore on the flight to Tuscaloosa after being hired

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    I've seen them take 6 steps on a lay up, miss the lay up, then have the nerve to gripe about being fouled.
    I've seen more touch fouls and phantom calls in one half of CBB than the entire NBA playoffs. I'd rather a game that has some rhythm and flow rather than a free throw shooting contest. The only reason I somewhat keep up with CBB is to keep track of the Bama program. CBB is a far inferior product in every way compared to the NBA playoffs. It's not even close IMO..

BamaNation All-American

not sure if you are being sarcastic but i dont buy that you ever saw that

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post

Quote Originally Posted by gamersfuel View Post
    not sure if you are being sarcastic but i dont buy that you ever saw that
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjM4z-M7gcA

The play is in this video. You're welcome and I forgive you for calling me a liar.
    "I just want you to know you've hired a horse---- football coach, but nobody will out-recruit me."

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    I've seen more touch fouls and phantom calls in one half of CBB than the entire NBA playoffs. I'd rather a game that has some rhythm and flow rather than a free throw shooting contest. The only reason I somewhat keep up with CBB is to keep track of the Bama program. CBB is a far inferior product in every way compared to the NBA playoffs. It's not even close IMO..
    Oh I'm not saying it is worse than CBB. Both have their faults without question.