North Korea willing to accept 'complete denuclearization' without conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
And as we expected, Xi and China probably had a significant influence on Un's decision to shut up and play ball as Un meets with Xi for second time in a two months.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...meeting-with-xi-jinping/ar-AAwWfUH?li=BBnbfcL
Well, sure.

Most reasonable people would probably credit a joint effort between SK, US, & China for bringing us to this point. The key players were us and the Chinese. Credit to both for getting u tothis moment. Now let's seal the deal and have an actual win on the books.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I was listening to a podcast conversation between Hugh Hewitt and Dr. Larry Arn, and Arn brought up the point that the U.S. needs to be very careful in how they proceed since China has been working to expand its territorial limitations around Asia. He feels that China sees North Korea as more of an extension of communism in Asia, and they (China) want to extend it to the entire Korean Peninsula.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I was listening to a podcast conversation between Hugh Hewitt and Dr. Larry Arn, and Arn brought up the point that the U.S. needs to be very careful in how they proceed since China has been working to expand its territorial limitations around Asia. He feels that China sees North Korea as more of an extension of communism in Asia, and they (China) want to extend it to the entire Korean Peninsula.
If China has it's way, Taiwan, Vietnam, Japan, Korea, Thailand & Australia will all be under the "influence" of China. Japan has already started a modernization and build up of military weapons as a result.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

North Korea releases 3 Americans as Kim Jong Un prepares to meet Trump

North Korea on Wednesday released three American detainees, the communist country's latest gesture of good will toward the United States in advance of an unprecedented summit between leaders Kim Jong Un and President Trump.

Trump announced their release on Twitter, adding that the date and place for the two leaders' summit has been set.
"I am pleased to inform you that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is in the air and on his way back from North Korea with the 3 wonderful gentlemen that everyone is looking so forward to meeting," he said. "They seem to be in good health. Also, good meeting with Kim Jong Un. Date & Place set."
The three men — Kim Hak-Song, also known as Jin Xue Song; Tony Kim, also known as Kim Sang-Duk; and Kim Dong-Chul — were seized between 2015 and 2017, and accused of a variety of anti-state offenses. All traveled to the isolated nation to help its 25 million citizens. All were sentenced to years in the North's brutal camps.
Tony Kim's family issued a statement on Twitter thanking Trump, God, and everyone who helped secure his release.
"We…want to thank the President for engaging directly with N. Korea. Mostly, we thank God for Tony’s safe return," they said. They also called for prayers for “the people of North Korea and for the release of all who are still being held."
The White House released a statement, thanking the North Korean leader for his decision to release the hostages. "President Trump appreciates leader Kim Jong Un’s action to release these American citizens, and views this as a positive gesture of goodwill, the statement said. "The three Americans appear to be in good condition and were all able to walk on the plane without assistance."

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
I am proud of the job this administration is doing with North Korea. Like him or not I feel like his team deserves credit for accomplishing what others have not.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
North Korea threatens to cancel Trump summit

Not at all surprising. Trump has publicly staked his entire political reputation on this summit, which has destroyed any leverage he may have ever had. This is negotiating 101: don't tell the other side how badly you need a win. Tearing up the Iran deal further clouded his political optics and gave NK the perfect opening.

Honestly, Trump is just a terrible negotiator, and I hope his sycophantic followers can start to see him for what he really is. Judging by the few on here, though, that's probably asking too much.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Not at all surprising. Trump has publicly staked his entire political reputation on this summit, which has destroyed any leverage he may have ever had. This is negotiating 101: don't tell the other side how badly you need a win. Tearing up the Iran deal further clouded his political optics and gave NK the perfect opening.

Honestly, Trump is just a terrible negotiator, and I hope his sycophantic followers can start to see him for what he really is. Judging by the few on here, though, that's probably asking too much.
thank you for giving dear leader the credit he so richly deserves

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Honestly, cheering and hoping for peace in any part of the world isn't really sycophantic.

Once again here's the Democratic platform in action: laugh and condemn Trump while offering nothing of substance as an alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Honestly, cheering and hoping for peace in any part of the world isn't really sycophantic.

Once again here's the Democratic platform in action: laugh and condemn Trump while offering nothing of substance as an alternative.
And yet this comes from the side with the perspective that Obama even saying he was willing to talk to NK was traitorous.

https://www.vox.com/2018/3/9/17100880/north-korea-republicans-right-conservatives-obama

And that pretty much sums up the Republican platform in action.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017

When the North Koreans and Chinese talk about denuclearizing the Korean Peninsula they are talking about the US effectively leaving South Korea. Did anyone in the Trump cabinet not realize there would be tough negotiations to get through. Now the possibility emerges of China having an excuse to ease sanctions on NK based on the fact that "The US was not serious about peace on the peninsula"

Anyone who had the simplest understanding of Panmunjom or negotiations with the North Vietnamese would have inherently understood the difficult road ahead.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
When the North Koreans and Chinese talk about denuclearizing the Korean Peninsula they are talking about the US effectively leaving South Korea. Did anyone in the Trump cabinet not realize there would be tough negotiations to get through. Now the possibility emerges of China having an excuse to ease sanctions on NK based on the fact that "The US was not serious about peace on the peninsula"

Anyone who had the simplest understanding of Panmunjom or negotiations with the North Vietnamese would have inherently understood the difficult road ahead.
The problem is that, because of his incompetence, they have Trump over a barrel right now. If he walks away, that hurts our standing. If he acquiesces to horribly uneven demands because of self-inflicted wounds, that probably hurts us more. Trump is terrible at the one thing he's ever claimed to be good at.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The problem is that, because of his incompetence, they have Trump over a barrel right now. If he walks away, that hurts our standing. If he acquiesces to horribly uneven demands because of self-inflicted wounds, that probably hurts us more. Trump is terrible at the one thing he's ever claimed to be good at.
I have to disagree. He's always claimed to be the best at everything. Negotiating was the one thing that even his opponents conceded he might be good at. I've never thought he was. Iit's always been mostly smoke and mirrors...

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I have to disagree. He's always claimed to be the best at everything. Negotiating was the one thing that even his opponents conceded he might be good at. I've never thought he was. Iit's always been mostly smoke and mirrors...
Ha, true enough. ;)

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
He’s like the guy at a poker table with a big stack of chips. He pushes all in and scares off the ones with just a few chips. Then he acts like he’s the best player in the world when he wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.