A Day Game Thread! Roll Tide

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
That last throw was unbearably bad. Way behind the receiver. He hears the whispers. I wonder now if he’s already transferred in his head.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
That's what I'm thinking. In the bad games Jalen has had, I've never seen him mentally dejected like it looks like he's looked now. Even in tbe last two spring games he's looked mentally engaged.

squib

1st Team
Sep 24, 2005
I agree. This format makes it tough to judge QB abilities. Each is surrounded by and playing against very different folks.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
So far Mac has played well enough to earn a chance to play with the 1's in the 2nd half.... and Jalen has played well enough that he's earned a chance to play with the 2's.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Jalen looks like he has mentally checked out already. I truly wish daddy Hurts had kept his mouth shut. Jalen deserves better than that. If he chooses to transfer then I wish him well.

Mac Jones looks like the better QB on the field right now. I'd like to see the QB's switch teams this half.

FG kicker looks pretty good.

Punter is booting it pretty well.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I agree. This format makes it tough to judge QB abilities. Each is surrounded by and playing against very different folks.
That's true. Jalen is playing against the first team defense. He doesn't seem to get the protection Mac gets. But still, Jalen has got to find receivers who are open.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Well I think it is difficult to COMPARE QBs on the field in this setting because of what you say. However, it is easier to judge the starting qb on his performance against the starting defense.

So we don't know much about Mac Jones but Jalen does not look good passing the ball. At all. Again.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Here is what I think I am seeing with Jalen.

It looks and feels like he is out there alone. Almost as so he feels like no one on the team thinks he should be or will be the starting QB. So he has a sense of apathy towards even being out there. Basically, he has lost the team belief in him. OL dont block as well, WR dont run as good routes, RBs lose focus on catching the ball out of the backfield. Everyone on the team has in the back of their mind before the play he wont throw and will end up running.

I hate to say this because we need Jalen to be healthy and ready to play. But the Offense has essentially quit on him in terms of belief and effort. Jalen feels that and it has him feeling like he is out there alone. It shows in his demeanor, effort, aggressiveness, confidence. His days are numbered at QB for Bama. This could be his last.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I will say this, sitting in the stadium it is easy to see that you 1st string DBs are far better than the 2nd string. Jalen's receivers are much better covered. Jalen still not playing well, but we can't judge the play of Mac vs this secondary and draw any solid conclusions.

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
I will say this, sitting in the stadium it is easy to see that you 1st string DBs are far better than the 2nd string. Jalen's receivers are much better covered. Jalen still not playing well, but we can't judge the play of Mac vs this secondary and draw any solid conclusions.
Case in point, Hurts falters against good defenses.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
They just mentioned this on the broadcast (the DBs)

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
From what little we can see on TV, it looks like the WR's for the ones (who Hurts is trying to throw to) are mostly blanketed. Can anybody at the game confirm whether there are receivers open?

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Still not that impressed. Lot of underneath stuff. Very little timing stuff and not throwing guys open.

1st team secondary is better than people think and the pass rush is up a notch.

We will have another top defense this year if we can cultivate good depth.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.