A Day Game Thread! Roll Tide

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I really expected Jalen to play like he did last spring, but he didn't.

Everything has already been said that I'd say.

Get well soon Tua for summer 7 on 7!

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Well, I might as well post this since it's already getting big coverage by the media. Saban was caught on a hot mic during the game talking about Hurts play.

SABAN AFTER JALEN RUN:

"Without me saying it… (Inaudible) two years. I mean the third team QB can move the team right down the field throwing the ball." pic.twitter.com/d9KwFAITsx
— FunnyMaine.com (@FunnyMaine) April 21, 2018

Yea I saw that tweet and kinda heard it live. I really don't think there is much doubt how this plays out. Only a matter of when at this point.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Well, I might as well post this since it's already getting big coverage by the media. Saban was caught on a hot mic during the game talking about Hurts play.

SABAN AFTER JALEN RUN:

"Without me saying it… (Inaudible) two years. I mean the third team QB can move the team right down the field throwing the ball." pic.twitter.com/d9KwFAITsx
— FunnyMaine.com (@FunnyMaine) April 21, 2018

I heard this live and wondered if anyone else caught it.

Of course he sees what we see.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Watched the Saban post game interview on the jumbo while on the field with my wife after the game. Totally amazing weekend.

BTW, Robinson is an amazing RB. Glad that DH came back, but hope that Robinson remains patient.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Btw, I think the offensive line has a long way to go towards recognizing its potential. The flipside of that is our defensive line is terrifying and will hurt a lot of feelings this year. The o line will only benefit from practicing against them each day.

Najee Harris looked slippery as all get out.
Brian Robinson looked great.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
The takeaway for me is we’re in deep at QB regardless of what Jalen does.
We're in deep? As in, bad? Not sure I follow.

If we have a healthy Tua and Mac Jones... talent-wise that doesn't look so bad. Depth-wise it's not so good, so maybe that's what you mean. But then if Jalen does stay we're in pretty good shape, so now I'm confused again. Tell me more.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Btw, I think the offensive line has a long way to go towards recognizing its potential. The flipside of that is our defensive line is terrifying and will hurt a lot of feelings this year. The o line will only benefit from practicing against them each day.

Najee Harris looked slippery as all get out.
Brian Robinson looked great.

Agree. Both Harris RBs looked great. D. Harris is hard to bring down. He can really move the pile. N. Harris is very good, too. Robinson was impressive. Better not stay out too long, Jacobs!

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
We're in deep? As in, bad? Not sure I follow.

If we have a healthy Tua and Mac Jones... talent-wise that doesn't look so bad. Depth-wise it's not so good, so maybe that's what you mean. But then if Jalen does stay we're in pretty good shape, so now I'm confused again. Tell me more.
That’s funny. I originally wrote we’re in good shape then decided we’re deep would say the same with less but didn’t realize I hadn’t deleted the word “in.” Mac Jones is a good QB if Tua gets hurt and Jalen leaves. Laughing at myself here. Thanks for catching my error.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
I just got home from my first ever A-Day game and first trip to Bryant Denny! It was fantastic and I'll be going to them from now on.

Jalen did not have a good first half, looked better in the second except for the bad last play. Mac looked good in the first half and OK in the second. Obviously he was playing against the seconds, and he had an ugly pick also. I really thought they might switch QBs for the second half to see how they both looked against different defences.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I just got home from my first ever A-Day game and first trip to Bryant Denny! It was fantastic and I'll be going to them from now on.

Jalen did not have a good first half, looked better in the second except for the bad last play. Mac looked good in the first half and OK in the second. Obviously he was playing against the seconds, and he had an ugly pick also. I really thought they might switch QBs for the second half to see how they both looked against different defences.
On Mac's INT, I wonder if it's possible that the mistake was on Major. Had he run his route to the inside, he would have made the catch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
On Mac's INT, I wonder if it's possible that the mistake was on Major. Had he run his route to the inside, he would have made the catch.

They were not on the same page, which made the pass look terrible. We will probably never know which of the two made the mistake. But it wasn't a terrible pass, it was a terrible miscommunication.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We got an unexpected bonus. We decided to park in the Moody lot and when we walked past the Bryant Museum on the way back to our car we noticed that it was open until 6 today, so we got to spend a few hours in there. It was already closed when we got tjere yesterday, and online it said that it closed at 4 today, so we thought we were going to miss it. Awesome surprise.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Watched the Saban post game interview on the jumbo while on the field with my wife after the game. Totally amazing weekend.

BTW, Robinson is an amazing RB. Glad that DH came back, but hope that Robinson remains patient.
Living right next door to Hillcrest I’ve seen BRob for years. You could tell how good he was as a HS freshman. Kept telling folks that he was an awesome get for Bama even though Najee was getting all the pub.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
We got an unexpected bonus. We decided to park in the Moody lot and when we walked past the Bryant Museum on the way back to our car we noticed that it was open until 6 today, so we got to spend a few hours in there. It was already closed when we got tjere yesterday, and online it said that it closed at 4 today, so we thought we were going to miss it. Awesome surprise.
That is so awesome! It sounds like you had a great day. So glad you were able to make the trip. You really need to try to make it to a home game in the fall... Roll Tide!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

They were not on the same page, which made the pass look terrible. We will probably never know which of the two made the mistake. But it wasn't a terrible pass, it was a terrible miscommunication.
I believe Jones that Major was supposed to be running a post route but he turned like he was running a corner route. Who knows who was right. But it was more about knowledge than execution.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It's true Jalen was going against the 1s and Jones went against the 2s.

But Jalen is in his 3rd spring game and has 2 years of starting experience at the highest levels. Jalen basically looked like he did against the other elite defenses he's faced. Virtually no improvement...perhaps even regression.

M. Jones, on the other hand, comparing his decent play in last years game to this years and you can tell he's on the typical track of improvement you'd expect good, talented QBs to be on.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.