Why did Kyle Bunn leave Alabama?

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
That's a question I never really got an answer to. I think the beginning of the hard downward slide for Bama baseball was Bunn leaving and Dax going from the hitting coach to being the pitching coach. I think that Dax did fine as pitching coach once he got his feet under him, but Andy didn't do much to help develop hitters, and often you'd see a guy's average dip every year he was here.

I see where Bunn is the pitching coach now at Indiana, where they have built a pretty good program. It was a big deal when we hired him away from Clemson, and I can only assume that he and Mitch didn't see eye to eye. I sure wish they could have worked it out, because I think we'd be looking back at a much different history if he'd have stayed.

rtr

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
From everything I have ever heard/read, he had a hard ..... approach and it didn't work overly well with Gaspard and some of the players. Dax had done a great job everywhere he has been. I am a huge fan of his. If and when CBB decided to leave here and we hired Dax, I would love it. CBB appears to be doing a great job so far, all for him to stay for the long haul!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
If CBB left and we hired Dax as HC, it would mean we truly don't care about baseball. Going from a proven recruiter to a career assistant? We would be begging for a disaster. The only reason we hired a coach like BB with no HC experience is because he was a proven recruiter with a history of changing programs around with his recruiting. Dax just doesn't bring enough to the table IMHO...

As for CBB, I agree he is doing a great job and I hope he feels he is needed here. Before the season I figured we would easily be under 500 right now.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
If CBB left and we hired Dax as HC, it would mean we truly don't care about baseball. Going from a proven recruiter to a career assistant? We would be begging for a disaster. The only reason we hired a coach like BB with no HC experience is because he was a proven recruiter with a history of changing programs around with his recruiting. Dax just doesn't bring enough to the table IMHO...

As for CBB, I agree he is doing a great job and I hope he feels he is needed here. Before the season I figured we would easily be under 500 right now.
Sure he has been a career assistant coach so far, and he may have 0 aspirations to be a HC (absolutely nothing wrong with that imo), but he has done well with every position he has been asked coach. I just like the guy and think he represented the University well. We could do much worse imo! And I will revise my statement, If CBB decided to leave and he built us back up, we should go after a guy that has proven to to take a team to the CWS. No reason not to.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to take a shot at Dax. I just don't think he's ready to take a program like Bama over just yet. I agree he has done a very good job at what he was given, but I just don't think he's SEC ready and I agree, we could do FAR worse;)

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to take a shot at Dax. I just don't think he's ready to take a program like Bama over just yet. I agree he has done a very good job at what he was given, but I just don't think he's SEC ready and I agree, we could do FAR worse;)
I can't disagree with your logic! If he hasn't become a HC by then the writing is probably on the wall!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.