2018 Signees

Junkman

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 27, 2017
Does anyone have a list of the 2018 Signees? Both high school and JUCO recruits?

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
It's not as easy as I thought: I found two names on something called 'Field Level sports'. TJ Reeves and Chris Miller. I will look some more. I figured there would be an old AL.com article with a list but haven't found it.

rtr

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
The PG list is probably the best option, but it's hard to find a complete list and sometimes PG's list isn't very up-to-date, especially once the spring signing period rolls around.

UA used to release a list after the fall signing period, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Not exactly tearing it up on the recruiting trail either. Class is ranked #52. Not going to win much in the SEC with that ranking.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
Not exactly tearing it up on the recruiting trail either. Class is ranked #52. Not going to win much in the SEC with that ranking.
Look at 2018. We are #25 there with a significantly better class.

Shamblin throws low 90's fastball. PG Grade out of 10
Ras low 90's fastball
McNairy 88-90 fastball
Green has touched 91
Byars, Shortstop, PG Grade 10
that is just 5 of the 11. Not all players have PG grades. Point is, recruiting is picking up. We are behind the rest of the SEC/Country for the most part. It will get better. We have a really good coaching staff who has shown ability to get kids in and coach them up at other places. It won't be any different here! Have faith.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
Look at 2018. We are #25 there with a significantly better class.

Shamblin throws low 90's fastball. PG Grade out of 10
Ras low 90's fastball
McNairy 88-90 fastball
Green has touched 91
Byars, Shortstop, PG Grade 10
that is just 5 of the 11. Not all players have PG grades. Point is, recruiting is picking up. We are behind the rest of the SEC/Country for the most part. It will get better. We have a really good coaching staff who has shown ability to get kids in and coach them up at other places. It won't be any different here! Have faith.
Also, not sure how many spots we have to offer. But, where we are at currently, we are 9th in the SEC, 25th nationally. In all fairness, only 2 schools have 11 commits like us that are "ranked" higher, TCU at 21 and UCLA at 19. Most every other school has 15-18 spots. I imagine if we went to 16 commits, we would be in the top 15 or so. We have the 18th best class based on player rating also.

Last edited:

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Sometimes in college baseball it's better to be 25th than 5th. It doesn't do you a heck of a lot of good to sign Bubba Thompson if he never plays for you. LSU is one of the very few schools out there that guys will pass up bonus money to play at.

rtr

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Just talked to a good friend of mine who was saying that the son of one of our co-workers is pitching at a JUCO in Mississippi and will attend Bama next year if he doesn't hear good things from the draft. This buddy of mine told me this kid WILL be a weekend starter if he comes, but I don't think I see him on any of these lists?

rtr

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.