Recruits don't think Nick Saban is retiring soon.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Despite claims by rival recruiters, recruits don't think Nick Saban is retiring any time soon. Multiple players said the schools most frequently making the claims are coached by former Saban assistants in the SEC.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...8918/nick-saban-retirement-alabama-recruiting

Kinda interesting how the negativity flows from those who probably know better than outsiders that he is not retiring soon.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
My guess would be Smart and Pruitt. I think Pruitt knew who was on our board and had the same advantage Smart had two years ago. I don't trust phat phil and he's Pruitt's boss. JMO.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I never got the sense that Mark Richt, when he was at UGA, looked at UA as a primary rival . Of course, we didn`t play all the time, either. While that`s still the case, I don`t get the same feeling with Kirby Smart.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
My guess is that if Coach Saban did retire soon, any of these other coaches would jump at the chance to replace him. And in the process, they would happily leave behind any of these recruits that had been lied to.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
My guess is that if Coach Saban did retire soon, any of these other coaches would jump at the chance to replace him. And in the process, they would happily leave behind any of these recruits that had been lied to.
Don`t really know about Pruitt, but I think Kirby would have a serious hill to climb to be selected as CNS` successor. Particularly so if CNS has any input or say in who that might be. JMO.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Don`t really know about Pruitt, but I think Kirby would have a serious hill to climb to be selected as CNS` successor. Particularly so if CNS has any input or say in who that might be. JMO.
I'm not saying we would necessarily want any of these guys, I'm just saying that I think any one of them would have no problem jumping ship for a better opportunity, and leaving behind players that they recruited. To me, that is more likely than Coach Saban retiring in the next four years, which makes their lies all the more deceitful.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I'm not saying we would necessarily want any of these guys, I'm just saying that I think any one of them would have no problem jumping ship for a better opportunity, and leaving behind players that they recruited. To me, that is more likely than Coach Saban retiring in the next four years, which makes their lies all the more deceitful.
I think that describes a boat load of coaches, not just the Saban disciples. But I agree with you relative to those under discussion.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Coaching and recruiting is a "all's fair in love and war" situation. The only person you look out for is yourself...no lingering loyalties...not one. Sad...but they have done nothing that could not have been expected.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Coaching and recruiting is a "all's fair in love and war" situation. The only person you look out for is yourself...no lingering loyalties...not one. Sad...but they have done nothing that could not have been expected.
That`s certainly one way to look at it. It would appear to be true. That`s especially so I suppose when you`re going up against maybe the biggest monster in the game when it comes to recruiting that perhaps the game`s ever seen.

UAllday

3rd Team
Jan 17, 2018
That`s certainly one way to look at it. It would appear to be true. That`s especially so I suppose when you`re going up against maybe the biggest monster in the game when it comes to recruiting that perhaps the game`s ever seen.
Second that.
How can you go head up with out cheap shots and playing dirty. No other school/coach can offer what he can. They are selling dreams and coulds and woulds and CNS is selling reality. It takes a certain level of maturity and foresight for the recruits to see through the smoke. Almost another layer of vetting.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
I don't see Kirby leaving his alma mater voluntarily for another school. And I am not saying we would want him either. He is already at the best job he is likely to even get, and IMO he would be a fool to take any other job. I could see Pruitt coming back one day, if we were to hire him. Fisher not so much either. I just don't see what the draw would be for him.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
CKS will never leave UGA voluntarily...CJF doesn't seem to have a draw although he was inducted into Samford's Athletic Hall of Fame recently!

I could see UA going outside the box again...but I hope it's not for long while.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I don't see Kirby leaving his alma mater voluntarily for another school. And I am not saying we would want him either. He is already at the best job he is likely to even get, and IMO he would be a fool to take any other job. I could see Pruitt coming back one day, if we were to hire him. Fisher not so much either. I just don't see what the draw would be for him.
I pretty much agree. I don't see us really going hard after Fisher. Same goes for Pruitt, really. Smart... I think there's no real chance of him leaving UGA, and we probably would not go after him, either. Hopefully, some a new top-notch candidates will emerge in the next 3-4 years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.